Chapter #27- Heat (2.0)- Teague's Mate... and Alpha Ulysses' Heartbreak.

Before you start reading... I am sorry, okay? Sorry! Don't hate me after this chapter...

Chapter #27- Heat (2.0)- Teague's Mate... and Alpha Ulysses' Heartbreak.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"Alpha Ulysses?" I knock on his door and poke my head in.

"Yes, Mate?" He asks not looking up from his laptop screen.

"It's 5 o'clock already. Can I leave?" I ask with crossed fingers.

"Wait for 10 minutes, okay? I'll take you home then..." He scratches his hair aimlessly, still not looking at me.

"Actually... I am not going home, Alpha" his head shots up at that.

"Where are you going then?" He asks slowly.

"I am going to the packhouse actually" His lips form an 'O'.

"Why? last time I checked, it wasn't your favorite place to stay in" He jabs.

"I promised my Mom that I'd visit" I wring my hands nervously.

"Cool. I'll come with you too then. Just wait outside, or better yet, come on in" He orders and damn my legs are moving on their own and seconds later, I am sitting on the chair in front of him.

I want to tell him that I don't want him to accompany me to the pack house... not because I don't want him there... but what if he can't control himself and he... you know... tries to kiss me or something in front of everyone?!

'More like what if you try to attack him in front of everyone' Sel adds her two cents.

'So you are back? Wolf bane's effect got over? How are you feeling?'

'You gave me wolf's bane?!' She shreiks.

'Not me babe. Our dearest Mate did' I taunt.

'He did?!'

'Uh huh'

'Why would he do that?' Her voice has turned all sad now.

'His Warrior, Olivia advised him to' I inform her.

'That bitch! I fucking hate her' she spits in my mind. I can feel her contempt towards the she-wolf and I am shocked.

Sir Nicholas' words ring in my mind.

"It is the she wolf Selene despises the most"

Teague's Mate is the wolf Selene despises the most... That would mean...

'She is actually a good person' I try to defend Olivia.

'Oh for Moon's sake, can you please not take her side?' My eyes widen.

'So... if you had to say... suppose I ask you which is the she wolf you hate the most, Sel? What would your answer be?'

'Are you really asking me that?' She snorts.

'Just answer the question, Sel. Close your eyes and picture the wolf you hate the most' I try to keep the desperation out of my voice.

'I don't even have to close my eyes for that, Del. It is that obvious'

'Okay... and?'

'It's her. Olivia. I hate that bitch for... being a Mate stealer' Sel says her name like it is a cuss.

'She didn't steal our mate from us. You can't hate her for something she didn't do' I try to defend the female warrior weakly.