BONUS CHAPTER- Freaking Hyenas.

Song I am obsessing over- Used to be by AJ Mitchell.

I know most of you haven't even heard of him, and that is okay. The kid is only 16. But his voice is bae. Check. It. Out.

And it's just a bonus how cute he is😍

I realize that I keep on mentioning that something happened 6 months ago, but I never really point out what the hell went down. Besdies Tag screwing up his chances with Vanessa that is. So here it is.

And the chapter is in Delilah's POV. Of course.

BONUS CHAPTER- Freaking Hyenas.

6 MONTHS AGO

"Hey, Darlin'" Bas slides in the car beside me and gives me a charming grin.

I grit my back teeth to stop myself from tearing him a new asshole and keeping my eyes on the rearview mirror, I back out of the parking lot of Ed's firm.

"I heard your vamp skipped town" He says as he gets comfortable in the leather seat like it is not 2 fucking am in the night.

"I would say that I feel bad for him that his girlfriend pulled a runner on him, but that would be a lie" He smirks.

"I would say I feel bad that your Mate fucks your father instead of you, but that would be a lie" Shit. Okay, I know I shouldn't have said that. It is a hard topic for him. But why is he messing with my head at 2 fucking am in the morning?!

"Haha that's old, Darlin'" He laughs my words off and starts shuffling through the radio.

"Dude. Ed said be discreet. Not obvious. Switch it off!" I snap at him, slapping his hand aside.

He rolls his eyes.

"Ever the perfect employee Del"

"Fuck you"

"Anytime you want" I sigh hearing his reply, glad that this is the last time I am on a job with him.

"So you're retiring?" He yawns around his hand as he turns to face me.

"Yeah... I recon now that since I graduate in a few months, I might as well put my formal studies into use and-"

"And you want Ed to beg you to stay" He taunts.

My jaw clenches hearing that. I have been in love with Ed for a long fucking time. And though I was not ready for a relationship in the past, hoping against hope that my Mate would come for me, I have now officially given up on my Mate.

And I want Ed. Period.

"He won't, you know? Dragons are fucked up like that" Bas says, his eyes burning. I wince seeing the heat in his eyes.

He is moon bound to a dragon himself, but she was so power hungry that after completing the mating ritual with Bas, she went ahead and got into bed with his father, given how he is the reigning Alpha of their pack in Spain, and how Bas never wants to be an Alpha.

I don't say anything, just steer us to our destination.

"How come T is not tailing us?" Bas frowns after a while, looking out of the window if he can spot Teague.

"Why would he tail us?"

"He tails you on all your jobs, Darlin'. I am not an idiot, and I am certainly not as unobservant and oblivious to everythig as you"

I know T follows me on all my jobs, because of Ruin's need to know that I am safe and sound, but I don't point that out. Bas pisses me off to no end. It really is a surprise I have managed not to kill him yet.