Chapter #25- They know.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"You should head back to the office now, Rebecca" Alpha Ulysses not so smoothly dismisses Becs as he takes a seat on the vacant chair beside me.

"Su-sure, Alpha" She stutters and picks up her purse and leaves me alone with the Alpha, not even bothering to take a look back at me.

Damn... she's mad at me.

But... I really needed the money... and I know stealing is wrong and all and that I had promised Teague that I would stop stealing but...

He broke my phone, so indirectly he owed me, right?

It can't be counted as stealing if he owed me money, right?

Right?

"I see you've had your lunch without me" his voice is emotionless.

"Uh... I was hungry and you were busy..."

He lets out a laugh at that. The fakest laugh I have heard from him till time.

"Let's not talk bullshit, yes Mate? I know you purposely scheduled that video conference so you could get out of having lunch with me" He is not looking at me now, instead removing his wallet from his jacket and throwing a hundred dollar bill on the table.

"I covered the bill" I say, annoyed.

He picks up the bills I had placed on the table and puts them in the front pocket of his jacket.

"Give me your wallet, Mate" He orders, staring me right in the eyes.

"Uh... why?" I unconsciously hug my purse to my chest.

He leans over the table, snatches my purse and opens it.

"Have you not heard the saying that one should not open a woman's purse without her permission?" I hiss with farce bravado.

He barely looks at me as he removes all the money from the wallet, all his money, and slips them all in the front pocket of his jacket, with the other bills.

"Uh..." I cringe. So he's just gonna take back his money and not shout at me?
I think I can work with that...

"What are you doing?" I ask him as I see that he is putting his own wallet in my purse.

"Here" He passes the purse back to me.

"I don't understand" I give him a confused look.

"There is nothing for you to understand here, Mate. You took money from me without my permission, so I took it back-" He pats his jacket pocket and then continues, "I corrected the mistake you made"

"That-" He points at my purse, "Was me giving money to my Mate to spend for herself. The wallet has an American Express card and a couple of other cards. You can use them. My bank accounts' password and all my other passwords' is your birth date- 05111995" He gives me a blank stare.

"Why are you telling me all this?" I ask hiding my shaking hands underneath the table.

"You can take whatever you want. How much ever you want. What is mine, is yours. I don't want you to be stealing from me. I want you to know that there is no need for you to stoop that low, because it will not change my opinion on you. It will only make you look bad in your own eyes."

"Nice speech there, Alpha" I taunt, pissed for some unknown reason.

Before he can say anything to that, the waitress, who was once bored while taking Becs and mine order, skips her way to us.