Chapter #12- Fight of the Century.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

I am having a merry time with Mel, when the music is suddenly cut off.
Mel and I share a look as the crowd boos.

I look towards the DJ who is having a heated conversation with someone, and when I feel Sel getting restless inside me, I have no doubt whatsoever about who he is.

I openly glare at his back.

"Who is he?" Mel squints. She may love alcohol, but alcohol surely doesn't love her, because I can sense her being tipsy.

Great.

"Alpha Ulysses" I say, not in a whisper, but my voice at its normal octave and the whole crowd stiffens.

Yay supernatural hearing!

He sure has quite a reputation amongst the supernatural world.

I can feel Ruin, Teague's beast, getting pissed.

On hearing me call out his name, Alpha Ulysses turns towards me, and though it is dark and he is at the other end of the room, I can see his eyes, glowing neon.

Where is his hooch?

"Hey! We dedicate a song to you, and you rain on our merry as fuck parade?" Mel slurs her words out and I slap my forehead.

I look towards Teague for help, but to my horror, I see him battling with Ruin.

Oh no.

No.

NO!

Teague can't shift into Ruin.

Not here at least.

Or the whole crowd will be dead.

I hop off the bar, leaving Mel to herself (she'll be fine, that I am sure of) and motion for the lioness to move away.

"What the-" I cut her off with a growl.

"Step back!"

"You bitch!" She sneers but obeys, hearing the edge in my voice.

"Teague. Handsome, look at me" I plead to his shaking body.

He replies with a roar and though I want to flinch, I don't.

I've done this before, albeit once, but I remember that I have to be firm.

"Look at me!" My voice comes out strong, and though Sel is throwing a hissy fit about going towards 'Mate' and calming him down, I know my loyalty lies with Teague.

"Teague" I take his face in my hands and his canines tear at my hand.
I ignore the sting and growl in my mind at Sel.

'Fuck off!' I warn her and she whimpers, but doesn't back down.

Fucking ungrateful bitch!

"Ruin. I know you can hear me" I say staring right in Teague's now topaz eyes.

"Back down, Ruin" I whisper softly, carressing his cheek.

He starts shaking his head, but I tighten my hands holding the sides of his face, and make my voice the most vulnerable it can get.

"Back down for me. Your Dely"
He cocks his head to the side.

"Dely safe?" He asks, and though I know that Teague is not in control, the deep timber of his voice catches me off guard. I shake my head to clear it and dutifully nod my head.