Chapter #14- Faery acquaintance.

(Edited- 21/05/2017)

"Please wake up"

"I am so sorry, Sugar"

I am vomited out of the black hole, the words still ringing in my ear and then I am on a slide, a watery slide, like the one you'd find in a park, or an amusement park and I scream in delight as I am whooshing down the slippery slide, only to be dunked in water instead of hitting the ground. I love the pool so though I have just been teleported to some place I have no idea about (probably a water park), I let out a laugh and rub my eyes off to clear them.

I hear someone chuckle, and I freeze.

Sel snores in the back of my mind, and I wish against all odds that the person to witness my humiliation not be who I am very sure is.

I open my eyes and they immediately collide with forest green ones.

Eyes that I had prayed time and again that I won't  see again.

Eyes that I'd last seen three years ago.

Shit.

I think of all the wrongs that I've done in my very short span of life, and would you look at that? I don't come up with anything extreme.

Why you ask?

Because I am actually a very good human or werewolf or whatever.

I don't hurt people, and always apologize if I do.

I don't kick puppies.

I always tip the waiters.

I also howl to the Moon Goddess every full moon!

What else am I supposed to do?

I am brought out of my inner monologue by his husky voice that could tempt any human or supe to submission.

"Hi" I rub the back of my neck.

"Ms Raymond" he smiles his deceptively welcoming smile and I stiffen.

"Sir Nicholas" My head doesn't bow, so I have to literally force my Atlas to move my head downwards.

"How have you been, luv?" He asks and considering that my filter is somewhere lost in the vacuum I just teleported via, I say, "Good. Would've been better if I didn't get teleported to you"

He chuckles and despite it supposed to be a happy sound, my back stiffens and goosebumps prevail my fully clothed, now wet, skin.

"I apologise for that, luv. But I couldn't really miss a chance to meet you, could I?" He swims a tad bit away from me, and once he has gone back, I realize just how close I was standing to the man who in my eyes is worth no more than pig shit.

"You messed with Mel's teleportation circle!" I accuse and he raises his hands up in mock surrender.

"Guilty as charged, luv" I am damn irritated by him calling me 'luv' time and again, but I know it can't be helped.

He won't stop if I ask him to. Been there, done that. Seen the consequences too. Am not interested in going down that road again.

"What do you need, Sir Nicholas?" I ask, making sure my voice is smooth as honey, just like he demands it to be.

He shakes his head 'No' and says, "It's not what I need, luv. It's what you need" he whispers in that 'I-know-something-that-you-should-know' tone of his. One that I am unfortunately well accustomed to.

"Haha" I fake a laugh, already knowing that I am in deep shit.

"I don't need anything, Sir" I say seriously. *Especially from you* I add in my mind, checking to see if Sel is awake.