Flashback: Past Hookups and Albums: Part II

Stephanie's POV

I was leaned up against the wall of the local radio station in the back beside P.J. while Brantley did an interview. P.J. and I both looked at each other and rolled our eyes as the ditzy brunette rubbed Brantley's arm for the third time in the last five minutes. After shaking his hand before the interview started, she had breathily commented how big his arms were.

I gagged at the huge grin he gave her. I saw her glance my way as she asked who I was. To which she got the ever-ready standard answer of "That's Stephanie, my best friend. "

That man I swear, was going to be eighty and chasing women around the nursing home on his motorized scooter. His poor future kids would constantly be getting complaint calls. I covered my mouth to hide my snicker because I could totally picture it. Him chasing nurses up and down the hall on a Harley Davidson customized motor scooter still dressed in his riding leather.

P.J. raised his eyebrow in question at what was so funny but I just shook my head. I rolled my eyes yet again at some of the answers to the audience asked questions and had realized I had heard enough at the "You and Brian McKnight" answer. I had unfortunately heard the whole "Back to One" routine a time or two. And he had nerve to want to give me shit about Chase yesterday.

I halfway hoped his dumbass fell off his stool backwards. I tugged P.J.'s arm to let him know I was going to step out in the hall. I was checking my Facebook when Brantley came strolling out a little bit later. I noticed the hot pink sticky note he shoved in his pocket as he tried to wipe the grin off his face. He threw an arm around my shoulders as we walked down the hall P.J. following us.

I backhanded him in the abs making him grunt and glare at me.

"What?" he asked opening the door for me as we walked outside to get in the truck and head back to the stadium. I looked up at him after I climbed in the passenger seat rolling my eyes.

"Could you have been any more obvious Mr. Can't Keep It in My Pants?" I said slipping my shades on.

I heard P.J. snicker from the back seat as he shut the door. Brantley smirked before shutting my door and walking around to climb in. He hopped in the driver's seat, grinning at me as he slipped his shades on and cranked the truck.

"What? It's not like I'm gonna use the number. You here this weekend," he said shrugging as he pulled out into traffic. I pulled my glasses down my nose and glared at him.

"You better not blow me off for some skanky bitch on my last weekend of summer vacation mister," I growled then held up my phone with an evil grin. "If you do, I may have to put something on YouTube."

He visibly paled and looked over at me.

"Stephanie Lynn Davis!! You swore to me that you deleted that shit!" he yelled.

"Deleted what?" P.J. asked leaning forward to watch the exchange between us.

"I was drunk at the time. I don't remember this promise you speak of," I said batting my eyelashes at him. He growled at me and went to reach for my phone. I yanked my hand away and got as close to the door as I could. Wasn't too much he could do while driving down the road.

"When I stop this truck, you better run missy because your ass promised. You and Kolby both. See this is why it sucks to be the sober one at times. I have no excuse other than I let you two idiots talk me into it," he grumbled hunching his shoulders and pouting.

"Ok, I gotta know. What stupid shit did you two pull now?" P.J. asked with a wide grin. I turned in my seat to look at him.

"We had been hanging out at his house one weekend a couple of months ago. Kolby and I both had been in the bottle a little and dumbass over there was laughing at us. I owed him one for flipping my raft over in the pool earlier that day making me spill my beer. The discussion got brought up about dancing. I told him that if he was going to do a couple of shows with Luke this year he had to be able to shake it on stage a little more. Basically, I told him he was a chicken shit, which I know pushes his buttons," I said.