Questions

Brantley's POV

I leaned back against the side of the RaZr watching the boys fixing the fence in front of me. I made a mental note to head over to the farm in Bama to check on things. I knew Steph stayed on top of it while I was on the road, but I loved getting my hands dirty over there. I knew the boys would be down to go.

Stephanie and I had a blast sitting back laughing at the two of them argue over a particular buck that we caught on camera. My evil wife, however, took pride in being able to down said buck before the boys could. Carson had hidden her bow and rifle from her last season trying to keep her away from a twelve point he had his eye on.

I shook my head at them arguing over who was right about a baseball statistic. Those two ate, slept, and breathed sports. Both played baseball but Carson was more serious about football. He had dreams of playing pro ball. Hunter on the other hand, his life revolved around baseball. Stephanie spent more time in the road with his travel ball team than she did with me. And when he didn't have a glove in his hand, he could be found with a guitar. He loved nothing more than to stay up after a show with me and Jesse and play.

"Dad!" Carson said giving me a look. "What you day dreaming about over there?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, "I quipped back with a smirk pulling my sunglasses down. Hunter closed his eyes and looked skyward.

"Please don't say Mama," he muttered in prayer. "Please don't say Mama."

"No for once it's not your Mama," I said crossing my arms and fixing them both with a stare. "It's you two and your recent shenanigans while I was gone."

"I'm nothing but an angel," Hunter said giving me a grin while elbowing Carson. "This is the one who snuck out."

"Hunter Ryan," I growled pointing a finger at him making him pale.  I do believe you are the reason I stormed into the school a couple months ago. Seems you thought it was a good idea to slam a little fucker's face into the table. "

"He asked for it Dad and you know it!" Hunter growled sounding so much like me I almost took a step back. "He was picking on Mackinley."

"Oh, oh, oh," Carson said holding his sides laughing as Hunter and I both glared at him. "That video that Samantha Jones's little sister shot because she was coming out of the bathroom as the front door slammed open was priceless. Here's Dad in full camo because he had just come home from turkey hunting stomping through the school mad as hell. Half the teachers hanging out the door to get a look. Swear to God, Miss Etheridge almost fainted as he strode by."

"No, what you should have seen bro was what happened after we got in the principal's office," Hunter said with a laugh. "Apparently, the video had made it all the way to Mama in Cancun and she wanted to know, and I quote, "What the hell happened now Brantley Keith!"

"Son," I said shaking my head. "You know damn good and well there are only two women that scare me. That's your mother and your Mamaw."

"Now Dad," Carson said with a smirk adjusting his hat and tossing the tools into the back of the RaZr. "Aunt Caroline has been known to make you pale a time or two."

"Yea well," I grumbled. "Two months later and your Mama is still giving me the stink eye over that. Says she's tired of being told that her husband has aged well."

"She told Kylie Ann the other day in the grocery store that why yes you have aged well," Hunter said tossing a glove at me. "And that your needs were still well met. I walked away from Mama on that one."

"Well you better behave yourself mister," I said fixing Hunter with a stare as he hung his head. "No more practicing your swing on mailboxes. You will pay to replace them out of your allowance. And Carson, let's discuss your night time activities."