Chapter Twenty-Two

Brantley's POV

I cracked one eye open to carefully look around. I didn't even want to move a muscle. I was stretched out on my stomach with one arm under the pillow Stephanie's head was on with the other draped over her back. My leg was thrown over hers. I noticed the set of teeth marks on her right shoulder right above her tattoo, yea. she was going to kill me.

I felt the shit eating grin spread across my face. I moved my hand to gently trace the lyrics she had tattooed on there in my hand writing with a smile. A couple weeks after Carson was born she had gotten me to call Carl Grace to do a tattoo for her. She had added Carson's initials through mine on her foot and my jaw had dropped on what she had wanted on her shoulder. She'd wanted to put some of the lyrics from "You Don't Know Her Like I Do". She had gotten him to put "You'll never understand. And you dont know what weve been through. That girl's my best friend.

I won't lie I had teared up a little bit. That song had been written at such a rough point in our history that the lyrics were a fitting choice. I rolled over onto my back and stretched wincing as I did. I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know that she had left nail marks on my back. I propped up on my elbows and shook my head. I took in the ripped pillow, sheets off the bed, and I was pretty sure my leather jacket was laying on the end of the bed.

I heard Steph sigh in her sleep and I glanced over at her. I smirked when I noticed the handcuffs Justin had gotten us as a wedding gift still attached to the headboard. What I didn't remember happening was the big ass crack in the wood. Oops....my bad.

"If you look any prouder of yourself I am going to have to make sure they order another bus just for your head," I heard my wife grumble from beside me.
I turned my head to see a sleepy, well satisfied grin on her face. I rolled to my side and smoothed the long blonde hair way from her face. I gave her a smirk as I leaned down to kiss her gently on the lips.

"I don't hear you complaining sweetheart," I said softly as she snuggled closer to me burying her head in my shoulder and yawning.

"Nope, not at all. Don't expect breakfast though," she mumbled. "I don't think I can walk."
I started laughing and yelped when I felt her bite me.

"Hey! Nipple!" I barked out as she laughed. "That thing is attached."

"So, I have a favor to ask," I told her as I went ahead and gave her puppy dog eyes. It worked for Kolby.

"Oh lord, you are giving me those eyes," she muttered rolling her eyes. "I'm not going to like it am I."

"It's not that bad Steph," I huffed out rolling over onto my back and pulling her with me. She propped her chin on my chest and looked me as she played with my necklace.
"We decided on the new single and Shane wants to fit the video in around tour rehearsals and he wants you to be in it with me."

"What song was decided on?" she asked. "I love you with all my heart honey but if it's "Smokin Gun" the answer is a hell no."

"Awww now sweetheart. I think we could guarantee that would be a hot one," I said poking my lip out before I started laughing. "No, it's "Baby Be Crazy"."

"Oh," she said softly. "I don't know B."

I twirled a strand of hair around my fingers and tugged her closer pressing a deep kiss to her lips.

"Sweetheart, it's not like you haven't been in one before," I said smiling as she shook her head. "Everyone just thinks that's some random blonde sitting in my lap in "Small Town Throw Down"."

"That's a little different. No one really knows that was me unless the really look. Fan girls everywhere would die of shock if they knew the reason you even did that body roll was because I called you chicken shit," she said with a grin.

"Had plans for you to be in "Bottoms Up"," I said with a grin earning me a smack in the chest. "But you were gone on that trip to D.C. with your class."

"Yea I was and that was the only week it could be filmed. Besides, I don't think you had any complaints on how that one turned out or the weekend that followed," she growled rolling her eyes.
I tunneled my fingers in her hair and yanked her face to mine giving her a deep, possessive kiss. I cocked an eyebrow and grinned at her when I broke the kiss and smiled.

"But I'm all yours now baby girl," I said.

"Damn right you are rockstar," she said with a grin. "Don't forget it. Ok, I'll do it."

"Thank you sweetheart," I said smiling up at her. "I'll let Shane know later."

Author's Note: So any chapter after this one is going to pick up after the fight with Chase lol. If I had known it turned out like it did i would have just waited on it lol. That's why this one is so short. I had started it and just trying to wrap up that part of the story up. Not much a of time jump as this is in March and the flash forward was in October