One Shot: We Suck at Keeping Secrets: Part II

Kolby's POV (November 2013)

I quietly made my way upstairs to my room. I had been over at Stacey's, this girl I had been talking to, house watching movies. B, Stephanie, Eli and Ashley had gone to some concert in Atlanta tonight. I had noticed Stephanies vehicle still here when I parked my truck by the garage. I didnt think anything of it.

Steph was known to crash here even if it was just me here. I made it to the landing of the second floor and I heard the floor creak with footsteps. I stopped and leaned against the wall out of sight. They were too light to be Brantley and I knew if I stepped in front of Stephanie she would scream so loud she'd wake the entire county. Which would cause my brother to come flying out of his room more than likely armed to the teeth.

So nope I was just going to stay right here out of sight. From the glow of the light in the upstairs hall, I could see Stephanie tip toe towards the guest room she normally crashed in wearing nothing but one of B's t-shirts. Nothing new there he swore that half is closet was in hers. But what made my jaw drop was the freshly fucked hairdo she was rocking.

You know, the kind where you can straight up tell when a man has had his hands in a woman's hair. As she got to the door and quietly opened it, I shook my head as I watched her disappear inside. B and Steph. Nah, I thought as I made my way to my own room. Then I grinned. Well we'd all been able to feel the sexual tension between those coming off them in waves for years so I guess I shouldn't be shocked. Those two were nuts about each other, just too damn blind to see it.

A couple of years later I walked into Brantley's house to see if he was ready to head out to Alabama. We had planned to spend a couple of days hunting at the farm. I smelled coffee and made my way into the kitchen. I had passed Stephanie on my way in the gates. She must have crashed here last night and was headed to work. Brantley had gotten home from tour the day before.

I stifled a laugh as I walked into the kitchen and saw B leaned against the counter with his back to me looking out the big bay windows. He was sipping his coffee lost in his own world standing there in nothing but his black sweatpants. He was so going to shoot my ass for this I thought taking in the long red scratches that ran down his back.

"Morning bro," I said with a smile as I walked over to fix my own mug. "Ready to go?"

"Yea, let me just go get dressed," he murmured as he passed me.

"Nice nail marks bro,"I said with a laugh as walked out of the kitchen. I was rewarded with the middle finger as he walked out. I smiled as I sipped my coffee because I distinctly remember Stephanie showing off to me a freshly done set of long red nails the other day. She had been with Amie and Mandy to get them done. Looks like they had been put to good use.

Jason's POV (Summer 2016)

I had dropped Kendyl and Keeley off at Jess's this morning and made the trip through Maysville to drop off a demo CD of a song for Brantley. He was getting ready to head into the studio for a new album and I had told him about this song and that I knew he needed to hear it. I had text him earlier that I would be dropping by but not sure what time.

I pulled up the long driveway and parked. I got the CD out of my console and hopped out the truck. I walked up onto the big front porch and pounded on the front door. I knew if he was downstairs in the basement he wouldn't hear me and I'd probably have to call him. I turned my head as I waited and noticed a black Explorer parked beside his truck and wondered who he had over.

I noticed the black and pink Harley Davidson license plate on the front. Never mind I recognized it now. Stephanie had sent Britt some pictures when she had gotten the new Explorer a few months ago. The blacked-out windows and license plate had been gift from BG. I knocked one more time.