Chapter Twenty-Nine

Stephanie's POV

We had about a week after we got home from New Orleans before we'd left heading to Nashville for the CMA awards. I was looking forward to the next few months of uninterrupted home time other than hunting. The night we had flown back to Georgia after leaving Louisiana, Kolby had embarrassed the hell out of both of us by busting us making out in the truck in Mama's driveway when we went to pick up Carson.

All either of us could do while laughing was flip him off. I had stomped in the house twenty minutes later glaring at Kolby as he grinned and made kissing noises at us. Mama Becky had let out a yell when Brantley, who had snuck in the back door, then  blindsided him by tackling him to the living room floor.

Carson had cackled clapping his hands at the two idiots wrestling on the floor. I knew we both had felt like a weight had been lifted off us. We had gotten a lot of things that should have been covered years ago off our chests on our vacation. We'd come to one conclusion, there wasn't much we couldn't get through together. We'd survived all the obstacles life had tossed at us so far.

We'd gotten to Nashville last night and Caroline, Brittney, and Lauren had picked me up from the hotel this morning to go shopping while the guys hit the interview circuit. We had already all sent Luke a dirty text for his Instagram post earlier that the merry band of wives was on the loose. That we caused chaos where ever we went together. Justin had commented it was a good damn thing he and Kate were running behind on getting to Nashville then.

I was holding my sides laughing was we pulled back up to Britt and Jason's house. Caroline was telling me about the latest guy Jordan had brought over to meet Luke. Poor guy didn't make it very far in the door before Luke, Bo, Tate, and Til were growling at him.

"I lost it when I asked Tate where he got the look from," she said giggling as she parked behind Brantley's truck that was sitting in between Luke's and Thomas's. "He said well Mama thats the look BG gives Steph when she makes him mad."

"Uh, uh sister," I said with a laugh as we climbed out. "Don't try and blame us for corrupting your kids. But man do I know that look."

"Carson has got it down too girl," Lauren said with a laugh. "Ada took his toy motorcycle  the last time we were down there and I swear it was a mini BG looking back at her."

I pushed her arm as I laughed and pulled my bags out of the back of Carolines SUV. We had the CMA's and the BMI Awards the next few days. I opened the backseat of the truck and put the bags in as Lauren did the same with her SUV. I followed her into the house and into the kitchen and sat down on a barstool by Caroline. I took the glass of tea Brittney slid over to me. I noticed it was kind of quiet and raised my eyebrows at Caroline who was checking something on her phone.

"Umm yall," I said looking around. "Is it me or is it kind of quiet around here?"

"I guess," Brittney said shrugging her shoulders. "The girls are at Jessica's and my mom has little man for the next couple of days since its awards week. She said something about taking him to the park today."

"No, no, not what I meant Britt," I said shaking my head.

"I think she means it's quiet and our four grown children are MIA," Lauren said shaking her head. "We all know that is never ever a good thing."

We heard footsteps a second later and saw Tombo Martin tiptoeing towards the door leading to the basement with a stack of pizza boxes in his arms.

"Hold it right there Tombo!" Brittney called out making him freeze in his tracks. "Thought you were in Kansas."