Flashback: Nashville 2016: Part I

June 2016

Stephanie's POV

"Please, sweetheart......plllleeeaaseeeeee," Brantley drawled out to me over FaceTime. I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes.

"No," I said glaring my phone screen. "I have said no like five times. Not after last year. I am not going."

He flopped back against the pillow on his bed on the bus and poked his lip out at me. He was somewhere between Ohio and Tennessee. It was three in the morning and we were having the same argument we'd been having for a week. He let out a wide yawn and resumed his pouting. I settled back against my pillow and adjusted my phone as I turned on my side.

"Please sweetheart. I don't want to go by myself and Mike and Scott are both pushing me to go this year," he said begging before he narrowed his eyes looking at his phone screen closer.
"Is that my black UGA shirt that I bought last time I was home? Dammit Steph, I haven't even gotten to wear it yet."

I stuck my tongue out at him and rolled my eyes.
"You know where it is if you want it."

He growled at me as I smirked at him.

"I'll fund any trip for your American History classes to Atlanta this school year," he said giving me a cocky grin. Asshole, he knew how to play me. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Finnnnneeeeee....." I huffed out. I opened my eyes to see a huge smile beaming back at me on my phone screen.

"Thank you sweetheart. Thank you," Brantley said smiling sleepily at me. I could tell he was getting tired. He'd had a busy year so far and was prepping to go into the studio soon.

"I'll have to find a dress," I grumbled. "When do I need to be up there?"

"Mike emailed your plane ticket to you earlier," he said with a grin. "One of us will pick you up at the airport tomorrow afternoon."

I jerked up in bed and narrowed my eyes at the screen.

"You knew I would say yes Brantley Keith," I growled. He gave me wink and blew a kiss at the screen.

"No, but I was confident that I could talk you into it. I'll see you tomorrow sweetheart. I emailed Trish to find you a couple dresses," he said struggling to keep his eyes open.

"You owe me rockstar," I said giving him a sleepy glare for good measure. "Love ya B."

"Love ya too Steph. Talk to you tomorrow," he murmured before disconnecting the call.

That damn man I thought as I felt myself drift off to sleep.

The next afternoon I grabbed my suitcase from the baggage claim at the Nashville airport and adjusted my purse on my shoulder as I looked around. I heard a whistle and turned my head. I looked over to see Ben and P.J. waving at me. Ben, the ass was holding a sign that said #Bs Bestie.

I rolled my eyes and made my way over to them. One of these days they would quit sending Ben if he was going to have a smartass sign every time. Oh, who was I kidding, that's exactly why they sent him. He grabbed me in a hug like he hadn't seen me in months instead of weeks. After he stopped spinning me around, I reached up to push down his mohawk just to piss him off. He glared down at me and growled making me laugh.

"Quit trying to sound like BG Bennie Boy, it's not you," I said giggling before giving P.J. a big hug as he took my suitcase from me and ushered me toward the doors.

"This way Lil Bit," he said grinning down at me.

"Interviews?" I asked as we stepped outside. I pushed my aviators back down onto my face against the bright sun.

"Kind of. Was finishing a phone interview up when we pulled in so he stayed in the truck," P.J. said as he pointed out the truck idling at the curb. I quickened my pace a little making my way to the passenger side and opening the door to jump in. I smacked Brantley in the arm making him drop his phone in surprise and glare at me. At least he had been texting and not still on the phone.

"Don't even give me that look Brantley Keith. You owe me and you know it," I said poking my lip out pretending to pout. He reached over and tugged my lip gently and laughed.

"Yea I know sweetheart. I know," he said smiling. "Now give me a hug."
I leaned across the console and wrapped my arms around him inhaling his scent as I felt him place a kiss on my cheek. I pulled away when I heard the other doors open and Ben and P.J. climbed in the back. Brantley gave me a wink before settling his sunglasses back on his eyes and put the truck in gear to pull out into traffic.

"What's the plans?" I asked as I pulled my phone out to text my parents that I had made it.

"Nothing tonight," Brantley said as he drove. "Luke text me earlier that wanted to try to get everybody together out there tomorrow night, the awards are Wednesday night ,and then a few fan things the rest of the week."

"Ok sounds good," I said looking over at him. "Y'all dont have plans of me walking the carpet with you do you? I'll just go in the side with Mike."

"Ummm hell no," he said shaking his head. "I'm not doing this by myself woman.  You know I don't care for going to these as it is. Why do you think I begged? We talked about it and since we both post and tag each other in so much shit on social media you being with me shouldn't stir up too much."

"Ok," I growled. "But when some crazy bitch starts stalking me because she thinks you aren't single anymore I am either shooting you myself or giving her my set of keys to your house."
I heard Ben and P.J. start laughing as we pulled into the back lot of the Bridgestone Arena were the bus was parked.

"And I will beat your ass black and blue Stephanie Lynn," Brantley said as he killed the engine. Ben got out and opened my door with a smile.

"Damn woman," I heard Brantley mutter as he took my suitcase from P.J. and followed me to his bus. "She's going to be the death of me one of these days."