Flashback: Nashville 2016: Part II

Brantley's POV

I smiled as I sipped my water and watched Stephanie on the other side of the bonfire. I had tuned out whatever it was that Justin and Thomas were arguing over playfully. Luke had set everything up out by one of the ponds on the back side of his property. Even though they could get stressful for all of us, this was the fun side of the award shows and CMA Fest.

We all got busy with tours and other things going on in our lives and didnt get to see each other as much throughout the year. She was standing around sipping a beer having an animated conversation with Caroline, Brittney, Katie, and Lauren.

"That bunch right there getting together is always asking for trouble," Jason said walking up beside me shaking his head.

"No shit," I said with a laugh.

"By the way BG, loved the post on Instagram earlier," Luke said with a laugh as he walked up to hand Jason a beer. I flipped him off and rolled my eyes. I had been in the middle of checking out a video on Instagram my idiot little brother had posted when a notification from Stephanie had popped up.

@brantleygilbert back in day. Love ya buddy!!! 😘 Check out that hat 😉 Enjoy BGNATION
#hesgonnakillme #whatarebestfriendsfor

My jaw dropped and I had jumped up to the run to the back of the bus where she was finishing getting ready

My jaw dropped and I had jumped up to the run to the back of the bus where she was finishing getting ready. She had gotten smart and hid her phone from me so I couldn't take it down. I hadn't even wanted to look at the comments. This bunch was going to have a field day with it.

"Yea, Dad said to tell you that he still had his cowboy hats from back in the day. He'd get them out of storage if you wanted to borrow them at any time," Thomas said cracking up. Justin was holding his sides.

"You looked sexy buddy. Liked that better than your black ball cap," Justin said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Y'all kiss my ass. I am pretty sure I was half drunk when that picture was taken," I said shaking my head.

"You were!"I heard yelled out. I looked over to Stephanie glaring at her.

"Payback is a bitch sweetheart! Remember that," I called back to her.

"Bring it on rockstar," she yelled back with a wink making the girls laugh. I shook my head, that woman, I swear.

"You know they are plotting another girls night out right," Luke said smirking. I think we all cringed at that comment.

"Not enough booze or bail money in Nashville," Jason muttered with a grin. I nodded my head in agreement. Justin leaned closer to me and smirked.

"I dunno if that is a good idea boys," he said looking around. "Anybody checked to see if Chase happened to be in town."

"Nope he's not. Found out BG was going to be in town and is elsewhere," Luke said with a laugh. "Didn't want another run in with his fist."

"Man, fuck all of y'all," I growled shaking my head. Jason took pity on me and turned the subject to baseball.