Chapter 18: 3...2...1...Happy New Year!

Think we can 1000 reads by chapter 20? I hope so! :) Thanks to those reading! I appreciate it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maighlin's POV

It's 8:45! Almost time to go to the Johnsons. I chose to wear a sparkly gold party dress I bought in London. It looked perfect with my black peeptoe heels.  I kept the makeup to a minimum and got my jacket.  Alyssa was already waiting for me downstairs. She was wearing an adorable black dress with red heels.  We drove over to help set up before people start arriving.  Emmaleigh, Sydney, and Charlotte were already there.

*people start arriving*

I wasn't exactly sure who was actually coming. The boys said that they didn't invite a lot of people. Most of the people in our school were off drinking somewhere.  Ethan,Justin, and Alex all walked in. Jessica, Ashley, and Kate followed close behind. I know all of them but not very well.  I asked Harry who else was coming and he said everyone was here.  Ethan, Alex, Sydney, and Charlotte went straight to playing Just Dance.  Typical, they are always the ones on the dance floor.  I wasn't in the dancing mood.

It's 11:00 now.  Of course Truth or Dare being Louis' favorite game, he suggested we play. Why not? There's a bunch of people here it will be fun. We pushed all the furniture back and made a large circle in the center of the room.  I sat near Harry and Sydney.  Across from us was Alyssa, Charlotte,Zayn, and Jessica.  Jessica was surprisingly acting super nice tonight. I still wasn't buying her apology though. 

"Truth or Dare, Liam?" Ashley asked.

"Dare." he replied.

"I dare you to swap clothes with Zayn in under a minute."

"You're on."

Liam and Zayn stripped to their boxers so fast. They then quickly put each others clothes on. 

"Impressive." Ashely said.

"Truth or Dare, Kate?" Liam asked.

"Truth." Kate answered.

"Have you ever kissed a girl?" he asked giggling.

"No." she replied

"Truth or Dare, Louis?" Kate asked.

"DARE!!!" Louis yelled.

"I dare you to use one of our lip glosses and kiss Harry on the cheek so you leave a big print!" she could barely hold her laughter in.

"No problem! Someone give me some lip stuff." he shouted.

I gave him my bright pink lipstick and he put way too much on but it was hilarious.  He placed a big smooch on Harry's cheek.  It left a perfect pair of lips on his face.

"Truth or Dare, Jessica?" Louis asked.

"Truth." she replied unsurely.

"No wait dare."

"I dare you to eskimo kiss with someone in this room." he said.

I noticed Alyssa start to get a little antsy. I realized why. Jessica was turning towards Zayn. She proceeded to awkwardly rub noses with him. She smiled at him and then returned to her spot next to him.

"Truth or Dare, Maighlin?" Jessica asked.

"Truth"  I replied, instantly regretting my answer.

"Who do you hate the most in our class?" She asked.

I wanted to shout her name right away but I know I can't. "I don't hate anyone but I don't really like Jeremy, he's rude." I lied, well partially he really was rude he just wasn't the one I don't like the most. 

"Truth or Dare, Emmaleigh?" I asked.

"Dare." She replied.

I was about to say the dare when I saw Jessica whispering into Zayn's ear and just was all over him.

"Dare I said." Emmaleigh said.

"Oh yeah, I dare you to prank call our gym teacher and tell him you're on your way." I said after looking away from Jessica. 

"Okay!" Emmaleigh said pulling out her phone. She dialed his number and put *67 so he would not know who was calling. It was ringing.

*Phone convo*

Hello?

Hey! I'm on my way I will be there in like 5 minutes.

What? Who is this?

Are you kidding me? I thought we had plans! Are you gonna meet me at the door or should I just come in?

Seriously who is this? I'm not expecting anyone.

I can't belive you forgot!

*end*

Emmaleigh hung up the phone quickly as she was about to burst out with laughter.  We all laughed for like 5 minutes.

"Truth or Dare, Sydney?" Emmaleigh asked continuing the game. I still was watching Zayn though, he looked irritated. Jessica was basically throwing herself at him. What a slut. Alyssa hasn't noticed yet. I hope she doesn't.

"Truth." Sydney replied.

I didn't hear what her truth was I was too busy trying to figure what's going on. After Sydney answered I decided to tell everyone to move.

"Alright everyone get up and move to a different spot!"

I made sure to make Alyssa move near Zayn and then took the seat on the other side of him. Perfect, my plan worked. Jessica was on the other side of the circle.

We played truth or dare until 11:50. We decided to turn on the ball drop in Times Square. It's always been my dream to go there for it.  For now the t.v. will have to do.

We watched the last artist perform before the countdown. We all stood up as the countdown started.  10.......9.....8.....7........6.......5........4......3.......2............................1! I was about to scream happy new year when I found Harry kissing me. Another one of those things I have always wanted to do. Kiss someone at 12 on New Years. I pulled away and everyone else seemed to have found a partner. Even Jessica kissed Alex. 

After the ball drop finished we opened our bottle of sparkling apple juice. Everyone grabbed a glass and I proposed a toast.

"This year should be a good one. I realy hope everyone accomplishes everything they want. So I hope everyone has a great year!" I'm no good at speeches but I try!

Alex, Justin, Ethan, Kate, Jessica, and Ashley left after finishing their drinks. I couldn't wait for Jessica to leave. Now I know for sure she wasn't being real when she apologized.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boring chapter I know....But thanks for reading anyways! :) Vote, comment, fan! I love you all!

-Brianna xx