Chapter 29: Camping

Hey guys! Sorry about the delay of updating, I don't if I will be updating a lot this upcoming week either because it's only 5 more days til I see the boys and I have school stuff going on.  :D Thanks to those who commented on Chapter 28 :) You guys were the ones who encouraged me to continue. So this chapter is dedicated to both of you! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maighlin's POV

The girls and I began unloading the van at our campsite while the boys filled all the paper work out at the office. We laid out the tents and attempted to put them up but completely failed. Instead we decided to set up the kitchen tent. It's the most simple. The boys returned shortly and put up the tents like it was no big deal.

It was time to put all of our sleeping bags and clothes in the tents. Everyone grabbed their bags and we split into two groups for the tents. Harry, Charlotte, Louis, Alyssa, Zayn, and I were in one and Sydney, Liam, Emmaleigh, and Niall were in the other. I laid out the queen size air matress I brought for Harry and I. I let it air up while I searched for the lantern and other things we would need later.

After everyone was settled in we decided to take a walk around the campground.  They seemed to have everything here. A huge beach, boat rides, an area with mini-golf, and an area to hike.  I love it here. Much better in my opinion than going somewhere to just swim all the time. Sometimes you need some variation.  Since it was almost 5:30 we headed back to the campsite to make dinner. Tonight we are cooking hot dogs and hamburgers over the fire.  I love everything about camping. 

The boys got the fire going while we got the food ready to be cooked. We also set up the table under the kitchen tent. The bugs started to come out as we got back. Good thing we packed plenty of bug spray.  The fire was going steady so we put the grate over it and started cooking.

Everyone was enjoying their dinner and we all just were having a great time on our first night out here. Since everyone was tired from traveling we went to bed around 9.  I had a hard time falling asleep. It was either too hot or too cold.

*next morning*

I must have fallen asleep at some point because it's now 6 a.m. and all I hear is birds chirping.  I quietly got out of the tent, careful not to wake anyone. I threw a long on the fire that was just barely burning and started making breakfast. I decided to cook the pancake batter we had made before we left.  I made enough for everyone just in time. Liam was the first to wake up so he helped me set the table and get everything in order so we could all eat. 

Niall's POV

I smelled food being cooked so I got up to see what it was.  It was Maighlin making pancakes for everyone. Only her and Liam were awake so far. 

"Niall!! Could you wake the rest so we can all eat?" Maighlin asked sweetly. 

"No problem." I replied. 

I tapped Emmaleigh lightly and she woke up easily. She shot me a smile and then made her way out of bed.  Sydney was a little more difficult to wake so Emmaleigh offered to wake her.  I made my way to the other tent and ripped the covers off Harry and he woke up instantly.  I told him to wake Zayn and Alyssa then went back to join Maighlin and Liam. 

Everyone sat down and ate breakfast and we discussed possible plans for the day.  It is Emmaleigh's birthday tomorrow and I know exactly what I want to do for her.  I hope she will love it. 

*after breakfast*

Emmaleigh's POV

Today we are going on a pontoon ride on the lake. I can't wait! We get to just have a good time on the lake, maybe do some fishing or swimming. I love boats and going fishing so today should be great.  I packed up my sunscreen, sunglasses, and towel. I was waiting anxiously as everyone changed and got ready.  As soon as everyone was set we walked to the rental house to get a boat.  We rented the largest one we could and then we were assigned a driver and he went over the rules with us. Boring. Oh well he seemed to be around our age so it won't be so bad with him there.  One by one we got on the boat and took our seats.  The driver took us to the middle of the lake so the boys could fish. Well I fished too but quickly got bored. I rejoined the girls who were laying out to tan.  After no luck with fishing the driver took us to a private beach on an island not too far from the campground. It was beautiful. Perfect little beach for us.  We docked the boat and made our way to the beach.  I couldn't wait to get in the water. It was so hot today. I threw my stuff to the sand and booked it for the water. I was almost there when I felt two hands pick me up and twirl me. It was Niall. I was laughing so hard I began to cry. He put me down and I leaned in pretending to kiss him but then ran as fast as I could into the water.  He ran after me but I was much too quick for him.  He finally caught up to me and stole a kiss.

We all swam for a while and then got back on the boat to continue the tour.  We spent almost the whole day on the lake. By the time we got back to shore it was already 6 o'clock.  To make dinner easy everyone just made their own sandwich. 

Maighlin's POV

Today was amazing. The boat ride was a blast and the island we found was absolutely perfect. The weather was great and everyone had a great time swimming.  I am exhausted now. We lit a small fire and decided to make some S'mores. They are so good, but so sweet.  We told stories and just talked for a few hours until we didn't realize that it was past 11 now.  Everyone helped clean up and then got ready for bed.  I waited and grabbed Niall before he returned to his tent.

"Hey, are we going to surprise Emmaleigh some how tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have a plan for the night but what can we do for the day?" Niall replied. 

"I think we should like go set up one of the gazebos in the park for her. We bought some party stuff when she wasn't paying attention." I replied. 

"Sounds great. I guess you guys will get up early and decorate and I will stall her?" Niall said.

"Perfect plan. Goodnight Niall." I said. 

"Night, Maighlin." Niall said while walking away. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! :) I hope you enjoyed it even if it was really short and no big events happened. Please leave your feedback :) Comment,vote, fan, and share! :)

-Brianna xx