Chapter 27: I Never Liked You

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the story :) Here's the next chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's POV

Sydney called 5 times last night. She sent about 30 texts as well.  I pull out my phone and type in Sydney's number.  It rings twice before she answsers. 

"Hello??" Sydney says.

"Hi." I say.

"Finally you answer, I just wanted to say that I don't think we are working out anymore. I think I like Harry." She said. I don't even know what to say.

"Oh." I replied holding back tears. I hang up the phone and turn it off. I go to my room and lock the door. I don't want to see anyone today.  I need some time to process what just happened.

Harry's POV

I heard Liam on the phone with someone. I assume it was Sydney.  The conversation isn't long at all. Not that I was listening.  Liam gets up from the living room and goes to his room. I hear the lock click. Something bad must have happened. I hope he is alright. We all know not to bother him until he is ready to talk. 

*two days later*

Liam has only come out of his room to eat and shower.  He hasn't spoken to anyone. Maighlin and the girls came over to see how he was. He let them in his room. 

Maighlin's POV

Charlotte, Emmaleigh, Alyssa, and I went over to check on Liam.  I haven't heard from him or Sydney in two days.  Harry told me that he hasn't been leaving his room or speaking to anyone.  I knocked on his door and told him it was us girls. He unlocked the door and let us in. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Sydney broke up with me." Liam said holding back tears.

"Did she give a reason?" Emmaleigh asked.

"She said she likes Harry." Liam said as tears began to stream. Charlotte put her arm around him to comfort him.  After he explained to us the phone conversation he asked us to leave. We respected his wishes and left him in his room. 

"What's wrong with him?" Harry asked. 

"Sydney broke up with him because she thinks she might like you." I answered.  I don't know what is up with her lately.  None of us have really made an effort to speak to her after the incident. We don't really intend to just yet.  She really hurt Liam. Oh yeah and she wants my boyfriend. 

*next day after school*

We all decided to meet at the Johnson's to have Liam and Sydney talk.  I finally talked to her. No we are not on speaking terms but I told her to meet us there at 6. 

Liam's POV

Sydney is coming over to talk tonight. I'm kind of nervous. I don't what I'm going to say. 

Everyone is starting to get here. It's 6:05 and Sydney is still not here. I hear a knock on the door. It could only be her.  She walks in and greets everyone.  It's very awkward in the room.  Everyone leaves the room so Sydney and I can talk.  We begin talking and she is being brutally honest. 

"I never really had feelings for you. I have liked Harry from the beginning. I'm sorry I used you." she said barely showing any emotion.

"Thank you for apologizing" I began when I was cut off by a knock at the door. Someone opened it and I heard a familiar voice. But that voice belongs to someone who is already in the room with me. I leave the living room and head towards the door. When I see who has arrived. It can't be it's Sydney.  Or someone who looks just like her. As soon as she sees me she runs into my arms and tells me how much she missed me.  Is this some kind of cruel joke? Is my mind playing tricks on me? I pull away.

"What is going on?" I ask a little upset. 

"What do you mean? Sorry I haven't called I left my phone at my house by accident." She said.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"I just got back from Hawaii. Remember? I went there for a week?" she answered. 

"Then who is in the living room?" Maighlin asked. 

"What do you mean?" Sydney asked.

We all walked into the living room and then Sydney let out a gasp.

"What are you doing here? You are supposed to be at grandmas until the summer." Sydney said angrily.

"I came to visit early and then no one was home. I found your cellphone on the counter and looked through the contacts. I thought I would have a little fun. I mean my life is boring so why not mess around in yours a little." the other "Sydney" said. 

"I can't believe you. You need to go home now and have mom and dad bring you back to grandma's. You always ruin my life in some way when you are here." Sydney said

"I don't need to listen to you. Besides your friend circle is boring. I'm out of here. Tell mom and dad I love them.  It was nice meeting all of you, especially you Harry." she said with an evil grin on her face. 

Sydney's POV

After Stephanie left I had to explain to my friends what I had been hiding for years. 

"Okay guys lets all take a seat in the living room so I can explain." I said. They agreed and I began my story. 

"Well, that was my twin sister Stephanie. When we were little she used to get really jealous of me and she would hurt me. My parents thought that she would grow out of it but she never did.  She ended up trying to kill me when I was 4.  My parents made her go live with my grandparents.  She visits very rarely but when she does my life is a living hell.  Every time she would visit I would have to make up excuses as to why I couldn't hang out with you guys or anything. I never wanted her to meet any of you but she did when we were in seventh grade. I don't know if you remember but I went out of town last minute one weekend to see my grandparents on the other side of the family. Stephanie came into town to visit my parents because she knew I wouldn't be there. She invited you guys over for a party and she was really rude to you guys.  I didn't want to tell you the truth so I just let you guys be mad at me for a while until you accepted my apology.  She is so jealous of my life and she just wants to ruin it.  She must have went through my phone and got in my computer and found out about Liam and stuff. She must have been trying to ruin all of my relationships.  I'm really sorry if she said anything or did anything hurtful to you." I finished.

"She told me that you wanted to break up and that you have always liked Harry, I'm so glad that's not true." Liam said.

Everyone filled me in on what had happened. What a week. Thank god it's spring break next week and we get to leave this town for our camping trip in Wisconsin.  I know most people go to like California and Florida but we decided camping would be really fun. Plus it's Emmaleigh's birthday as well. They accepted my apology and we started discussing our plans for camping. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment on what you think!  I really would appreciate it :) Vote and fan as well!

-Brianna xx