Chapter 26: You're Back?!?!?!?!?

Hey guys! How is everyone? I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I couldn't think :/ But I got an idea so here is the new chapter! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyssa's POV

I was so surprised. All of my friends were there. There was a D.J. and plenty of lights and decorations. Everyone was wearing colorful outfits. I assume this was the theme of the party. I have such amazing friends. I never expected a party. I started thanking everyone and then the D.J. started the first song and we all hit the dance floor. It was Call Me Maybe. I absolutely have been loving this song lately. We all sang along danced our hearts out. The song finished and moved to the next but I wanted to see who all was here. I made my way off the dance floor and as I walked by people wished me a Happy Birthday. My whole class was there and some freshmen, sophomores, and seniors. I'm friends with most people so there are a lot of people here. How am I going to talk to all of them? All of a sudden the D.J. announces that it is time for cake. Maighlin and Charlotte rolled in the cake on a cart and it had 17 sparkler candles. Everyone began to sing. Once they finished I blew out the candles and made my wish. Emmaleigh and Sydney followed Maighlin and Charlotte with a few carts with plates of cake on them already cut. They passed out the cake while I cut my cake. I didn't want to cut it because it looked so pretty. The cake was classic white with buttercream frosting. Yum. My favorite. My friends know me too well. After the cake was passed out Maighlin took the mic for a speech.

"I just want to wish my favorite cousin Alyssa a very Happy Birthday. I'm so glad that you came to live with me this year. We have been through a lot, not just this year but our whole lives. I feel like you are my sister. I hope you have a great night!" Maighlin finished. She is so sweet. She is the sister I never had. Everyone finished eating their cake and hit the dance floor. The rest of the night was amazing. I danced with my friends, even snuck in a few slow dances with Zayn. After the D.J. left we all had a bonfire on the beach. It was so fun. There was no drama and everyone had a great time.

* 1 week later*

Niall's POV

Today is St. Patrick's Day. This is my favorite holiday considering the fact that I am Irish. Emmaleigh and I are going out to dinner to celebrate tonight. We are going to the Bell Chalet about 20 min. from our town. It's an italian restaurant but hey beggers can't be choosers. It's the thought that counts. I am going to pick her up at 6 to head out.

*5:45 that night*

Emmaleigh's POV

Niall is picking me up any minute for dinner. He invited me out to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We haven't hung out alone in forever. I mean don't get me wrong I love hanging in our big group but sometimes you need alone time. I hear him pull up in the driveway and I make my way out the door and to the car.

"You look amazing." Niall said as I got in.

"Thanks. You look rather nice as well." I said while smiling.

We drove to the restaurant while talking about random stuff like school and the weather. Niall parked the car and we made our way to our table for two. I ordered gnocci in garlic butter and Niall ordered spaghetti and meatballs. We chatted as we ate and just enjoyed each others company. This was definitely one of the best dates I have ever been on. It was so simple, yet so effective. We finished eating and made our way to the car. We drove to a nearby park and Niall had brought a blanket. We layed it in the grass and layed under the stars for a while. After about 15 minutes of silence Niall turned to me and said, "Emmaleigh, I love you." This is the first time he has said it. I have not said it yet either. We both have a deep meaning for those three words.