Chapter 22: Cabin in the woods

Hey! I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded recently! But i'm uploading now :) Is everyone excited about the More Than This premiere?? I know I am! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maighlin's POV

After everyone had changed we decided to tell ghost stories. I don't really like this idea but maybe it will be fun. 

Louis' POV

Yes! We are telling ghost stories! I have the perfect plan. I find Charlotte and pull her aside and tell her my brilliant plan.  She agrees and we join the others in a circle for the story telling. All the lights are off and all we have are a few candles here and there.  Maighlin was up first. She began her story about how when she was little she would stay at her friends house and she had a little cubby attic thing and there was a white rocking chair in it. She explained that she would see an old lady sitting there knitting with a knife resting in her lap.  Creepy. After she finished a few of the others made up a couple of stories. Everyone was starting to get a little scared I could tell. Perfect. Charlotte and I looked at each other and knew it was time. 

"I once read about a group of people who stayed a cabin kind of like this one. They were spending the night and while watching a movie the power went out. They tried to fix it but it wouldn't budge. They all lit some candles and stayed in the living room. They kept hearing sounds of people whispering and walking around the house. They ignored it and went to sleep. In the middle of the night everyone woke up suddenly to the screams of a girl but not from anyone in the house. Everyone was still in the living room and no one had spoken.  They searched the whole house and never found the girl.  Afterwards they researched the cabin and found that a family used to live there but the father was a drunk and he used to beat his daughter. She would scream and scream for her mother but she would not come. She couldn't risk being beaten herself.  The girl is now said to haunt the cabin since no one would help her. She died after one of her father's brutal beatings.  There has been reports of her screaming multiple times throughout the night, driving people away from the cabin."

I finished my story and everyone looked terrified.

"Shall we go to bed?" I asked.

"NO!!!!" Everyone replied.

I laughed and Maighlin put in a movie. She picked Toy Story 3.  While everyone was getting into the movie I asked Charlotte to help me make some popcorn.  We put it in the microwave and then began to go over the plan one more time.  We found a recording of a girl screaming online and found a speaker and put it in the bathroom just down the hall.  We had it set to go off at 3:30 a.m. It was only 12:30 now. We got our popcorn and finished up the movie.  We all layed our sleeping bags out in the middle of the living room. No one wanted to sleep in the rooms. 

Maighlin's POV

I was so scared after Louis' ghost story. I don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight.  After we watched Toy Story we decided to go to bed.  I was so scared so I asked Harry to stay as close as possible. We used his sleeping bag on the bottom and mine on top for a blanket.  He wrapped his arms around me and I felt safe as I drifted off to sleep. 

I was sleeping so comfortably when all of a sudden I hear a high pitch scream.

"Oh my god! It's coming true!" I screamed as everyone else woke up. I was so scared I thought I was going to cry. Harry realized this and pulled me in for a hug.

Charlotte' POV

As soon as the screaming went off everyone woke up quickly. I noticed Maighlin looked like she was going to cry. I had to reveal it was a joke before she gets too upset. 

"Gotcha!!!!!" I yelled. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone but Maighlin who was still a little shaken up but she didn't seem mad. Louis went and shut off the recording and returned to the living room.

Maighlin's POV

I was so scared even after the prank was revealed.  I don't know why I get so scared. I'm not even scared of like a certain thing just scared in general. Must have something to do with my anxiety. I think I may be having a panic attack.  After that I could not sleep. I put in Alice in Wonderland, one of my favorite movies. Harry offered to stay awake with me but I told him to go to sleep. He came on the couch and layed next to me. Icalmed down for the most part and we ended up falling asleep halfway through the movie. 

* next morning*

Charlotte's POV

I felt really bad for Maighlin. I know she has anxiety but didn't think it would make her react the way she did. I waited until she was awake and then decided to apologize. 

"I'm so sorry Maighlin, I didn't know you would get so scared. " I said.

"It's alright. I think I just had a little bit of a panic attack but it's all good now." she said with a smile.

Maighlin's POV

After everybody had woken up and was somewhat presentable we headed to town to have breakfast at.....you guessed it Ma's Place.  I had almost completely forgotten about winning last night. I still can't believe it. I'm so grateful for everything that has happened. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short :/ Well hope you still enjoyed! Vote, comment, fan! Let's see who actually reads this, If you read it comment below with GOOMK and then what you thought of the chapter :)

-Brianna xx