Chapter 20: Happy Birthday!

Everyone enjoying? Let me know in the comments! Don't be shy :) I won't bite. Well anyway thanks for 1000 reads!!! Here's the chapter! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maighlin's POV

Previously.........

All of a sudden I heard a loud "Surprise!"

"Happy Birthday, Maighlin!!!" the crowd screamed.  I was so busy with winterfest and everything that I had forgotten that it's my 17th birthday today.  I knew I was forgetting something.  Harry came up to me and gave me a hug and said,"Are you surprised?"

"Yeah, I actually had no clue because I forgot my own birthday." I replied.

"Well at least you weren't suspecting anything." Harry joked. 

I walked further into the gym and everyone was shouting happy birthday. I said as many thank yous as I could. Then over the speakers I heard 5 gorgeous voices singing the classic tune. I turned to find Liam, Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Harry followed by Charlotte, Sydney, Emmaleigh, and Alyssa. The girls were carrying a huge cake. They walked it to the table that was set up in the center of the gym. The boys finished their song and I blew out the candles. I made my wish and opened my eyes. Everyone was clapping, all of a sudden time seemed to slow down and everyone was moving in slow motion.  Life is so great right now. I mean no drama, we won winterfest, the dance is tomorrow, it's my birthday today and I have the best friends.  We cut the cake and passed it out to everyone. 

After everyone finished their cake the 9th and 10th graders were allowed to either watch a movie or play a game in the gym.  11th and 12th were allowed to either watch a movie or play a game outside the gym.  Of course we picked game outside the gym. Hide and seek to be exact.  Why not? It's a fun game especially in the school at night. Only part of the two grades wanted to play. The seniors were party poopers and didn't even bother coming to the lock-in. It was the usual us 10 plus Kate, Ashley, Justin, Jessica, Alex, Ethan, Hunter, Lexi. To make sure it was fair we put girl names in one hat and guys in another and drew teams of two:

Teams:

Maighlin and Louis

Charlotte and Ethan

Sydney and Hunter

Emmaleigh and Justin

Alyssa and Alex

Kate and Niall

Lexi and Harry

Jessica and Zayn

Ashley and Liam

Rules:

Can only hide from the gym on. No locker rooms. 

No basement.

The rest was fair game.

Ashley and Liam were counting first since they were picked last.  I was kind of worried about Zayn and Jessica being paired off. Ever since New Year's she has been trying for Zayn but subtly.

Louis and I took off as fast as we could. We headed for the third floor. I knew exactly where to hide. We ran straight for the drama room. There is a tiny stage in there for play rehearsals.  We headed backstage. Perfect.  We took  a seat on the couch they kept back there for plays.  We figured it would be a while since I picked the best hiding spot ever. 

"How does it feel to be 17?" Louis asked.

"It doesn't feel any different at all." I laughed back.

"So how have you and Harry been?" He asked with a grin.

"Fine, he gave me flowers, a teddy bear, and chocolates for Valentines day." I replied blushing. 

"AWWWWWW! Want to hear what I got Charlotte?" he dramatically replied.

"Of course I do!" I said.

"Well, while everyone was on their scavenger hunt I snuck to her locker and put a big red sign on it that read 'Will you be my valentine?' and put a bouquet of red balloons sticking out. I also gave her a necklace that had a big heart on the end of the chain." He said.

"Awwwww, that's so sweet!!!!!!!!" I said.

"SHHHH!!!! I hear someone" Louis whispered.

I covered my mouth and we snuck behind the couch. We heard footsteps getting closer. Then I heard Ashley say,"Check backstage."

We heard more footsteps coming towards us and then Liam was above us and said,"Found you!"

I guess my hiding spot wasn't that good.  We came out from behind the couch. Then we joined Ashley and Liam in finding the others. 

We found everyone in about 20 min. except for Zayn and Jessica.  I was a little worried. 

Zayn's POV

I had been paired with Jessica. Great. She has been all over me lately. I am clearly not interested but she does not give up. I tried to pick an easy hiding spot so we would be found first but turns out it was a great hiding spot. We hid in the copy room on the first floor.  It felt like forever being in there. Every 2 seconds Jessica would try to either flirt with me or sit on my lap.  I heard people heading for the room. Jessica put her had on my mouth and climbed on top of me just as everyone walked in. Alyssa being first. "Get off of me Jessica!" I screamed.  "It's not what it looks like!"I yelled as Alyssa ran out of the room. I tried to go after her but Maighlin stopped me and said,"Don't worry I will go after her. I will calm her down so you guys can talk. 

Maighlin's POV

I ran after Alyssa, she was in the girls room just a little ways down the hall. She was crying. I told her that Jessica had been all over him since the party.  She said she doesn't know how she didn't see it. I told her how subtle she has been. I reassured her that Zayn would never do that and she probably forced herself on him when she heard us walking towards them. I  mean it's Jessica. She hasn't changed one bit. That apology was so fake.  Alyssa wiped her tears and fixed her makeup. I told her to go talk to Zayn.

Alyssa's POV

I walked towards the gym and found Zayn with the rest of the guys. I told him we need to talk. We went out to the hallway.

"What happened in that room?" I asked.

"The whole time Jessica was basically throwing herself at me. I thought she had quit after we weren't found after 15 minutes but she heard people coming and threw herself on top of me and put her hand on my mouth." he explained.

"Okay, I believe you. I just was upset when I saw her of all people on top of you. I'm sorry I overreacted." I said.

He pulled me in for a hug and said,"I'm sorry Jessica can't control herself around my sexy self." he said with a smile. It made me giggle a little. 

Maighlin's POV

Now that hide and seek was ruined we returned to the gym to see what everyone else was doing.  Most everyone was either asleep or watching whatever movie was on.  Figuring we have a long day of decorating tomorrow we went to set up our sleeping bags.  Since track season wasn't starting for a while we decided to get out one of the pole vaulting matts to sleep on.  They are huge so all 10 of us would fit.  It didn't take long before I was almost asleep. Just before I fell asleep I heard Harry whisper,"Happy Birthday Maighlin, I love you so much." I drifted off to sleep feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's not very good. Vote,comment,fan! :)

-Brianna xx