Chapter 19: Winterfest

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying! I'm surprised at how many reads it actually has. Thanks to everyone reading! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No POV

Everyone resumed school on tuesday. As any other time coming back from break, it sucked going back to school.  The next two weeks were very stressful. Studying was basically all anyone did. For one of the weekends they took a brief break to celebrate Zayn's birthday.   Exams were on the last week of January.  Thankfully everyone did well and now they had Winterfest to look forward to.  Maighlin and the girls are all on student council so they would be busy planning but it would be for fun.  Since it was Harry's birthday on Feb. 1st they all went to that teen club to celebrate before they would be really busy.  They started planning on Feb. 2nd. They planned the whole week of winterfest out. Winterfest was set to take place the 12th-18th.  Activities would be different each day.  Friday the lock-in would take place. (9-12 has a big sleepover in the gym the night before to decorate on saturday.) The Winterfest dance would be saturday night at 8. Ice prince and princess will be crowned for the 11th grade and Ice king and queen for 12th grade.  So that should be enough to fill you in :)

*Monday the 12th 8:00*

Maighlin's POV

I can't believe it's winterfest already. Exams were tough but I got through them with good grades.  Winterfest is a tradition in our school to break up the long winter months.  Today is the dodgeball tournament for 9-12.  Everyday there is a different activity.  It starts at 12:00 and we get to play as many games as we can until 3:00.  Each class is a team.  We played the 9th grade in the first round. We beat them hardcore. We played about 8 more games and we won 6 of them.  We were leading in points for our class.  Each activity has an amount of points that go towards winning the prize at the end of the week. 

*next day*

Today is the big cook off. It's optional and you can provide two teams of 4 from your class. To my surprise Harry volunteered and picked Charlotte, Liam, and I to be on his team.  The other team was Kate, Ashley, Ethan, and Justin.  Harry was pumped up.  He decided that we would be making quesadillas.  We had one hour to go shopping for the necessary ingredients.  I took our team to the local grocery store and we got all the ingredients.  We returned to the school and began cooking.  I had the job of cooking the chicken. I cooked it up in about 20 minutes. Harry was working on making his special cheese sauce.  Charlotte was chopping lettuce and other vegetables to put in them.  Liam was setting the table and making the centerpiece.  The timer was about to go off and we were just finishing plating our food.  They looked and smelled great!

The judges came in and we left the tables so they did not know who cooked what.  They took 10 min. to discuss.  We were asked to leave the room. We were told to return for the announcement of the winner after about 5 min.  The judge grabbed an envelope and began to open it...."And 3rd place goes to.....9th grade team 1. 2nd place goes to....10th grade team 2. The overall winner is................................11th grade team 1." That's us!!!!!! We had won the cooking contest. That's another 10 points to our 10 from dodgeball. This week was going great so far.

*next day*

I woke up today to a text from Harry,"Happy Valentines Day,love! ;)"

He just knows what to do to make my day. I had completely forgot it was valentines day.

Today was the day we would do the scavenger hunt.  We have from 12:00 until the end of the day to find everything on our lists.  We were given the list, a camera, and a bag to put it all in.