Chapter 23: Night Skiing

Hey guys! I say this every time but please comment below, I really want to hear what you think. I write these for you guys. That being said here is the chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No POV

The next week flew by. The homework was a little heavy and everyone kept pretty busy. This weekend was a 4-day weekend and would be one to remember. 

*Saturday morning*

Maighlin's POV

I have always wanted to go night skiing. I have gone skiing before but I'm not very good. Thinking all about how much fun it would be to night ski made me suggest it to my friends.  I texted all of them my plan to go skiing tonight and they were thrilled.  We decided to leave at 7.

*6:45p.m.*

We are on our way to the ski hill and I'm so excited. I finally get to wear my snow boarding suit my mom bought me. Yeah its for snowboarding but who cares.  I can't snowboard. We went through rentals and got our skis and stuff. By the time everyone was done it was 7:15.  We hit the hills and went down the easiest one to get used to skiing first.  I almost fell going down the first time but I regained my balance.  We got to the chairlift and I got on with Charlotte. We sang and just had a great time on the way up. We started to venture to other trails and it was just an adrenaline rush to be here, especially at night.  We were all having a blast and enjoying each others company. We made our way to the more difficult trails and someone but I don't remember who suggested we go down an unmarked trail they had found. It was about 9:45 now and the hill closes at 11.  We all agreed and made our way down. 

Emmaleigh's POV

We started down the trail and everything was going great. The trail just kept dragging on and on and on.  I was starting to get a little worried now.  I turned my head to see who was behind me and didn't see the stick shooting up out of the ground. I hit it and ended up cutting my arm open. It hurt so bad. I fell hard. 

"Help me!" I yelled.

"Emmaleigh? Are you okay?" I heard a voice answer.

It was Liam.  He came closer and saw my cut.  He yelled for everyone else and soon everyone had walked back up to me.  I checked the time quickly. 10:50.  How did that much time go by. We must be way out here. Panic set in. I'm hurt and we are out here in the middle of the woods.

Maighlin's POV

Emmaleigh had fallen and cut her arm. It was 10 minutes to closing and we are way out in the woods. Lost. I was starting to get very worried as to what we were going to do.  We ahd Emmaleigh put her arm in her coat and we wrapped it with one of the guys shirts.  I took a look around and realized we have no idea which way we came.  Somehow I kept my cool.  Or so I thought. Thoughts are starting to rush in. What are we going to do? How are we going to get out of here? Are we going to die? Are we going to slowly freeze? Will someone come looking for us? Oh no here it comes. I started hyperventalating. Panic attack time. I hate having these things. 

"Maighlin, calm down we are going to be fine." Harry tried to comfort me

"We are going to die, and it won't be simple and easy." I replied beginning to sob.

Harry pulled me into his chest and just held me. I began to calm down.  Something about him made me feel safe.  I calmed down and now it was time to come up with a plan.  I checked my phone. No service of course.  It would be no use trying to get back in the dark. So all we could do is huddle up and wait for the morning.  It wasn't too cold out. About 30 degrees. Cold but not freezing. We all squeezed into a circle keeping Emmaleigh in the middle.  She was looking so pale now.  The cut isn't too deep but it's definitely going to need stitches. 

I some how dozed off for a couple of hours.  It was now 2 a.m. I am getting really cold now.  I can't stop shivering.  I adjusted my position and went back to sleep. 

*dawn*

I heard something like a machine and woke up instantly. I started screaming.

"Help us! Somebody help!!!!" I yelled.

I saw a small dot coming towards us. It was ski patrol!!!! Thank goodness! We are saved! He reached us and called for back up. More snowmobiles showed up shortly to bring us to safety.  I was shivering uncontrollably now.  We reached the lodge and Emmaleigh and I were then separated from the group and brought immediately to the hosptial.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dearly apologize for the shortness. I couldn't think :/ Well thanks for reading!

-Brianna xx