t w o

Aaliyah

As he starts to pull off i start to feel uncomfortable. I just got into a car with one of the most dangerous men in the city. It was awkward silence in the car but it probably didn't bother him. I saw him glance at me and chuckle. Maybe he saw how tense i was but i don't find that funny. As we came to a red light he decided to speak. great.

"You know who i am don't chu ma?" he asked staring at me. I turned my head facing him and it's like my heart just stopped. I don't know why but i shook it off .

I shook my head no and turn my attention back out the window. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of thinking i'm scared of him. Even though deep down i am. He looked at me for a while before pulling up too my school.

I looked at him with a confused look but quickly stopped. How did he know where my school was? I could've went too a public school for all he knows.

I decided to just get out and not make it any weirder than it already is. But before i could get out he grabbed my arm not too tight but tight enough to make me stop.

"Youn speak or something?" he asked. I shook my head no. "Ite get out" he said unlocking the door looking straight ahead. I looked at him for a minute and got out walking straight into the building. If anything was weird it was that car ride.

—————

As i was sitting in history class taking notes while almost everyone else was talking about boys and parties. The door swung open causing everyone to look up.

"Um excuse me miss but how may i help you?" Ms.Jackson asked asked the girl that was standing at the door with a white piece of paper in her hand.

"Yeah my classes are switched i have this class now" she said handing the teacher the paper. Ms.Jackson looked over the paper and took a deep breath.

"Alrighty then Erica you can just find a seat and take some notes" Ms.Jackson said putting the paper on her desk and continued back speaking to only like 6 of us that was actually paying attention to the lesson.

Erica scanned the room looking for a seat and Her eyes landed on me, she smiled and started walking towards the empty seat across from me.

"Hey i'm erica but my family calls me riri" she said smiling at me taking her seat.

I smile and wave at her. "Omg wait ..so your the girl that doesn't talk and everyone calls mute !?" she whispered loudly. I sighed and nodded my head. "Ohhh well you look like you don't have a lot of friends" she said with a sad face.

I shrugged my shoulders looking back down at my paper. "Well now you have one ...." she paused trying to figure out my name. I pointed to the top of my paper where i wrote my name. "Aaliyah" she said smiling. I nodded my head and smiled back at her.

(Erica in the media)