t h i r t y n i n e

Aaliyah

" Oh my gosh get uppppppp!!" Erica yelled probably annoyed with me. Today was the day of the party and I did not want to even move it was currently 12:18 p.m and I tried to just sleep in all day. I finally got up and looked at her with her arms folded across her chest.

" You are so lazy, I swear" she said turning and walking into my closet.

" I am not I just don't understand the hype about this party"

" Girl, don't even cap I used to always tell you stories about these parties." she said lifting up an fitted dress I had got from online a month ago and holding it up to me. "Well I forgot so tell me" I said getting ready to walk into my bathroom for a quick shower.

" Okay so basically it's like a reunion. People see people from when they were young or people that left and usually they all come back and we chill." she said flopping down on my bed. " This is only my second time going but im basically legal now sis so niggas here and niggas there" she said sticking her tongue out while pulling out her phone.

I laughed at my bestfriend, I honesty wouldn't replace her for the world. "Im finna take a shower we can go to the mall afterwards so I can find an outfit." I said finally walking into bathroom.

" Bitch im broke how bout you ask your uncle for some bucks I know he got it."

"I heard that shit Erica." my uncle said walking pass my room. I chuckled hearing him respond turning on the shower and hoping in. When I got out I decided to throw on some overall shorts and a plain white tee since we probably wouldn't be there long.

"I'm ready" i said walking out the bathroom throwing my old clothes in the laundry bin beside my door. "Bout time" RiRi said sliding on her slide.

"I'm about to go to the car." she said pausing and turning to face me. "But you my dear is gonna ask your uncle for some money".

"Girl bye" i said rolling my eyes and waking down the hall to my uncles room. I nodded softly on his door before opening it.

"Wassup Babygurl" he said looking up from his phone. "Hey my favorite uncle in the world" i said slowly walking towards him.

He chuckled shaking his head. "I'm your only uncle, so what you want" he said looking at his phone.

"Well i just need $50 for the mall. I would ask daddy but he's at work and he just gave me money last week" i said rocking back and forth.

"Why y'all going to mall anyway?" he asked pulling out his wallet. " It's a party tonight and she persuaded me to go"

" here " he handed me a 100 dollar bill and I smiles before giving him a kiss on the cheek. " thank youuuuu" I said sliding out the door. "Aye liyah!" he yelled before I could close the door. "yeah?" I turned around and looked at him.

"give the other 50 to Erica worrisome ass" I groaned and nodded my head walking to the car.

" Took you long enough" she said pulling off. " Shut up" I said pulling out my phone and calling Dave. "Speak" he said calmly as he answered. " Don't play with me" I said looking at my nails. I heard him chuckle and I smiled. " Wassup mama" he asked. " Im chilling" I said as I heard him moving in the back.

" What you doing?" I asked. He paused for a second before responding. " Trying to get the house together." I raised my eyebrow looking over at Erica. She just shook her head pulling up to mall. "Well I-"

"Imma call you later" he cut me off and hung up the phone.  " OH HE DEFINITELY GOT YOU FUCKED UP" Erica said pulling into a parking space. " Im not even tripping to be honest" I said shrugging my shoulders getting out. " Mmh okay girl whatever, lets go shop" she said cheesing jumping up and down.

Dave

" You said who gonna be there?" I asked as i rushed Aaliyah off the phone I was really tryna get the house together but JJ in here working my nerves. He looked at me and sighed. "You know what man fuck it, you'll find out yourself." he said walking off. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to clean up the house.

After I was done cleaning up I headed to my moms house so she could braid my hair.  Walking in I  seen that she was on the phone. I placed a kiss on her cheek before walking into the kitchen. "Mmh I hear you mama. David just got here ill call you back when im done with his head" she said hanging up the phone. "That was your grandma lil boy how come you don't visit her and lil Rosey anymore?" she asked me getting the grease for my hair.

I thought about it and shook my head realizing I really haven't seen my grandma and my little cousin since i seen Aaliyah there. And that was long time ago. "Dang ma I didn't even realized its been that long." I said sitting in the chair while she parted my hair. "Well try to take some time out of your week and visit her she didn't sound so good."

"Yes ma'am" I replied scrolling through my instagram feed. A good hour passed and she was finally done and my shit was banging. I don't know how women can sit and get their whole head snatched by these braiders. "Thanks, how much I owe you?" I asked trying to be funny cause I never have to pay for her. But this time she smirked at me and held her hand out.

"$30, hand it over" i laughed at her and then seen she was serious. "Wait Ma you really for real?" "Yes i am David" i shook my head and handed her the money before saying my goodbyes and heading to the house to get myself together for this party.