Chapter 5

Sam was having a nightmare,
Dean said" Sam, wake up!" Sam woke up,
Sam said" I take it I was having a nightmare?"
" yeah, another one."
" hey, at least I got some sleep."
" hey, you know, sooner or later, we're gonna talk about this."
" are we here?"
" yep. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio."
" so, what do you think really happened to this guy?"
" that's what we're gonna find out. Let's go." They got out, I huffed and sat back.

I crawled into the front seat of the impala and started pretending I was racing, my hands on the wheels, gently turning the wheel, making car sounds. Someone knocked on the window, I turned and saw Dean, uh-oh. I smiled and locked the door, Dean said" open the door." I opened the door, smiling at him," what were you doing?"
I said" playing car!" Sam chuckled and sat next to me, I have no escape due to the giant, I smiled at Dean,
" you don't touch the wheel, Hazel."
" but you had the keys!"
" that don't matter! You don't touch the wheel." I pouted,
" backseat now." I jumped over and into the backseat, a pout on my face, why's he always so mad at me? He always lets Sam drive.

We got to a house, and they got out, Sam saying" stay in the car, we'll be back soon." I sat in the back, waiting for my big brothers to get back.

We walked into the library,
Dean said" alright, say Bloody Mary is really haunting this town, there's gonna be some sort of proof, right? A local woman who died nasty."
Sam said" yeah, but a legend this wide spread, it's hard. I mean, there's like 50 versions of who she actually is. One story says she's a witch, another says she's a mutilated bride. There's a lot more."
" so what are we supposed to be looking for?"
" well, every version's got a few things in common. It's always a woman named Mary, and she always dies in front of a mirror. So we've got to search local newspapers, public records as far back as they go, see if we can find a Mary who fits the bill."
" Well, that sounds annoying."
" No, it won't be so bad, as long as we..." the computers were out of order," I take it back. This will be very annoying."

Sam woke up, He said" Why'd you let me fall asleep?"
Dean said" Because I'm an awesome brother. What did you dream about?"
" Lollipops and candy canes."
" Yeah, sure."
" Did you find anything?"
" Oh, besides a whole new level of frustration? No. I've looked at everything. A few local women, A Laura and a Catherine, committed suicide in front of a mirror, and a giant mirror fell on a guy named Dave. But, uh, no Mary."
" Maybe we just haven't found it yet."
" Ive also been searching for strange deaths in the area, you know, eyeball bleeding, that sort of thing. There's nothing. Whatever's happening here, maybe it just ain't Mary."
Sam's phone rang," Hello?"

Dean put me down then put my coloring books in front of me,
He said" Color. We'll be back soon."
I said" Why can't I go?"
" Because you are a 5 year old short stake, so stay and color." I huffed as they both walked out of the door and left. I laid back and stared at the ceiling, then I got up and walked to the bathroom, I held onto the sink and pulled up, looking at myself in the mirror. I need to take a bath, but Dean says I can't take a bath unless someone is in the room. I huffed then decided to take a bath anyways, I stopped the water at a good point then undressed. I got into the tub and started bathing.
Once I stepped out, my foot slipped but I grabbed the wall, my heart was racing. I mumbled" Okay, that might be why De doesn't want me taking baths when they aren't here." I got out and dried off, I pulled on pants and a shirt then tripped and fell. I whined, and then got up, I breathed out when I saw I was okay. I pulled on my shoes then got back onto the bed to color the pages.

Sam said" Wait, Wait, wait. You're doing a nationwide search?"
Dean said" Yep. The NCIC, The FBI Database. Any Mary in the country who died in front of a mirror is good enough for me."
" But if she's haunting the town, she should have died in the town."
" I'm telling you, there's nothing local, I've checked. Unless you've got a better idea."
" The way Mary's choosing her victims, it seems like there's a pattern."
" I know, I was thinking the same thing."
" With Mr. Shoemaker and Jill's hit and run-"
" Both had secrets where people died."
" Right. There's a lot of folklore about mirrors that they reveal all your lies, all your secrets. That they're a true reflection of your soul, which is why it's bad luck to break them."
" Yeah, so maybe if you've got a secret, like a really nasty one where someone died, then Mary sees it and punishes you for it."
" Whether you're the one that summoned her or not."
" Take a look at this." They printed out some pictures that Sam wouldn't let me see.
" Looks like the same handprint."
" Her name was Mary Worthington, An unsolved murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana."