Chapter 40

Bobby called me,
He said" Keep an eye on your brothers for me, will ya?"
I said" Something's up with Sam, isn't it? He's different and Dean finally took full notice to it?"
" Yeah, guess so, just make sure Dean doesn't shoot him."
" Already on it, did Dean try Cas?"
" Said he didn't answer."
" Well, looks like I have to threaten an angel... again."
" Good luck, Hazel."
" Yeah, yeah, see ya soon."
" Bye, kid." I hung up and looked at my brothers, oh what has Sam got himself into this time? They started walking to the impala, I teleported in front of them and Sam handed me the hotdog.
I said" Were you idiots gonna leave me... again?"
Dean said" No, you would have teleported to us and hit both of our heads."
" Good Dean." Then I teleported to the car and waited for them.

Once we got to the town, Dean and Sam went to talk with the sister of the suicide victim.
We were in the motel room, Sam was gone, Dean was on the phone with Bobby. I was listening via mind thingy, but I stopped listening before Bobby could say the worst, which was most definitely, this was just Sam, nothing else.
I heard the door open, and I walked out of the bathroom,
Sam said" There was another one."
Dean said" Yeah? What?"
" Dentist drilled a guy to death."
" You mean the... non-sexy kind of drilling, right?" I took the beer away from him and sat it on table with my mind.
" 50 bucks says he's mixed up in all the crazy."
" You think?"
" Yeah. Let's go take to him."
" Okay. Uh... Why don't you go ahead? I'll catch up. I'm gonna do a little research."
" You sure?"
" Yeah. We got to know what we're up against, right?"
" Yeah. Yeah, good idea." Once Sam walked out, Dean looked hurt, he felt even worse. That made me scared, he always knows what to do.
I said" We're gonna fix Sammy, aren't we, De?"
Dean said" Yeah. Yeah, we are, don't worry, Haz. We're gonna fix him."

Dean was researching when his phone rang, Dean said" Anything from marathon man?" He put it on speaker so I could hear,
Sam said" Not exactly. He hung himself in his cell before I could get to him."
" Yikes."
" But he was definitely involved. Just got the scoop from his assistant."
" Yeah?"
" Yeah. Let's say the stuff that his patient was confessing to... I'd have murdered him, too."
" So, Root canal and Russian roulette, both of 'em, it's like they were cursed, right? I mean, people are just compelled to puke the truth all over 'em?"
" Oh, getting hit with the ugly truth, you go postal? I'd call that a curse. Do me a favor, I'm going to the morgue to check out the body. Why don't you take the dentist's office, see what you see?"
" Yeah. No problem." Dean left and I sat on the motel bed, trying to get stronger. I closed my eyes and then teleported to my safe place, the meadow.

Once I returned to the motel room,
Dean said" Castiel? Hello? Possible loose nuke down here, angelic weapon. Kinda your department. You hear that, Cas?" Then Cas showed up,
He said" Hello, Dean."
" Are you kidding me? I have been on red alert about Sam, and you come for some stupid horn?!"
" You asked me to be here, and I came. I-"
" I've been asking you to be here for days, you dick!"
" I didn't come about Sam because I have nothing to offer about Sam."
" Well, that's great, because for all we know, he's just gift wrap for Lucifer."
" No, he's... he's not Lucifer."
" And how do you know that?"
" If Lucifer escaped the cage, we'd feel it."
" What is wrong with him?"
" I don't know, Dean. I'm sorry."
" What happened to you, Cas? You used to be human, or at least like one."
" I'm at war. Certain... regrettable things are now required of me."
" And Gabriel's horn of truth? That's a real thing?"
" You've seen it?"
" We think it's in town. Something's forcing people..." Cas flew off," Oh, well, you're welcome!"
Cas came back," It isn't the horn of truth."
" What are you talking about? You were gone for like two seconds. Where did you look?"
" Everywhere."
" Right. Well, nice seeing you, anyway."
" Dean."
" What?"
" About your brother. I... I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do want to help. I'll make inquires." Then he was gone,
" Yeah. Thanks." Then Dean went to a bar, hopefully to not get day drunk since he is still on the job.
My head started hurting, I whimpered but withheld it, then a strong pang of power surged through me, I screamed in pain and held my head. I fell to the ground and held my head, pulling my knees up my chest. The pain wouldn't go away, I screamed" Dean! Dean, help me! Help me!" I thrashed around then felt blood on my hands, I started crying. I heard the door open then feet running to me, someone tried to pick me up but I screamed in pain.
I heard Dean say" Hazel, what hurts?" I started hitting my head but he grabbed my hands and held me down, I screamed in pain,
" My head! My head!" He picked me up and held me to his chest, he gently pressed my head to where his heart was. I heard his heart beat then the headache started to go away, I breathed heavily then whimpered in pain.
" You're okay, you're okay, I'm right here, Hazel, I'm right here." He stayed silent for a few minutes," What happened?"
I mumbled" Something's really strong here, De, I'm sleepy."
" You're bleeding from your ears and mouth, Haz, you can't sleep, I don't know if you'll wake up." I nodded weakly, he lifted me up and carried me out of the motel room.
He put me into the impala and got in, he started the car and started cleaning my face off with a rag.
Once we stopped, He said" Stay here, I'll be back soon." I nodded weakly then he gently moved my head to the seat and got out. I closed my eyes but stayed awake, which was very hard but I managed.
Once the doors opened, I heard Sammy say" What happened-"
Dean said" Yeah, something powerful, that's all I got from her. Hazel, you still with us?" I nodded slightly, Sam lifted me up and held me on his lap, I started to doze off," You can sleep now, you aren't bleeding anymore." I fell asleep as soon as he said I could, I was exhausted.

I woke up to Dean saying" So, should we wake her up or let her sleep it off?"
Sam said" I think if we do wake her up, she'll kill us and if we don't, she'll kill us anyways."
I mumbled" He has a point." I sat up but fell back, I'm really weak and it really sucks. Dean was eating pizza, and Sam was watching some news cast thingy.
" Check this out." Dean walked out and reached back, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. I rested on his back,
Dean said" Zoom in on that." Sam zoomed into the woman and the woman's eyes glowed. I stared at them then groaned in pain, I fell off Dean's back and held my head." That's it, cut it off." Sam shut the laptop and I relaxed a little," You good, Hazel?" I whined," I'll take that as a no. You're benched player 3."
I mumbled" I'll be fine." I tried to get up but fell, luckily Sam caught me before I hit the ground, and he put me back on the bed.
" Yeah, sure you will. You're staying here. No buts, if's or why's."
" Fine." I started to fall asleep again, then I was out like a light.

I woke up when I felt both of my brothers in distress, I jumped up and teleported to them. Dean had Sam at the sharp end, oh, dammit, I ran to them and stood between them.
Sam said" Look, please, just let me explain."
Dean said" Why the hell should I believe anything you say? Hazel, move." I shook my head,
" Okay, okay. You want the truth? Here it is. Here it is. God's honest. She was right. There's something wrong with me, really wrong. I've know it for a while. I lied to you. Yeah. And... I let you get turned by that vamp. Because I knew there was a cure, Dean. And we needed in that nest! And I knew you could handle it!"
" Handle it?! I could've died! I could've killed Ben."
" And that should stop me cold. But I- I just don't feel it."
" You what?"
" Ever since I came back, I am a-a better hunter than I've ever been! Nothing scares me anymore! 'Cause I can't feel it. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think... I need help." Dean turned around and put the knife down, then pushed me out of the way and started punching Sam. I sighed then leaned against the wall and waited for Dean to be done with his tantrum. I flinched as I saw blood on Sam's face then I got scared when Dean wouldn't stop even when Sam was knocked out. I teleported away from them and into that meadow, I whimpered and waited out the storm between my brothers.