Chapter 75

Sam found a case he wanted to do, I am totally against it! I was sitting on the table, criss cross, looking at him with a pissy look. Dean came in with three beers, Dean said" Don't suppose you got a 20 on the darkness." he gave me one then the other to Sam. Dean looked at me weird,
Sam said" Uh, well, I thought I had something earlier. Half a town flipped their gourds and started attacking people, but it turned out they'd eaten rabid possum meat."
" Okay, they do realize that possum is a giant rat, right?" I held up my fingers and counted down from 3...2....
Once I got to one," It's a marsupial."
" Huh?"
" Not the point. Look, check this out. Um, a couple was ax-murdered in Fall River, Massachusetts, at... wait for it... The Lizzie Borden bed and breakfast museum."
" A B&B and a museum."
" Yeah."
" That doesn't sound like tourist trap at all."
" I mean, the thing is. The inn was Lizzie Borden's actual house. In 1892, she hacked up her dad and stepmom there. Or- Or allegedly hacked them up. She was acquitted, ended up spending the rest of her days in Fall River hounded and persecuted by the townspeople."
" So you're thinking revenge killing? Why now? It was probably just some psycho fan who's seen too many slasher flicks."
" Could be, but the inn was locked up, no signs of entry or exit, a half a dozen guests, none of whom saw or heard any intruders."
" Well, Maybe the murderer was actually competent. Wait a minute. I know what this is. That's why Hazel's pissy. This has something to do with your freaky fetish for- for serial killers."
" It's not a fetish."
" You've always wanted to see that house."
" Dean, two people are dead in Lizzie Borden's home. We got no leads on Amara. I say we check this out. Besides, the entire Borden clan are buried in Fall River, including Lizzie."
" What do you want to do about Cas?"
" Oh, he's knee-deep in binge watching The Wire. Just started season 2."
" Oh, yeah, he's not coming out any time soon. Alright." They walked away," What do you want to do with the pissy little sister?"
" Handcuffs?"
" She's actually going to kill you."
" Then I love you, Hazel. Please?" Sam gave me that look, with the puppy dog eyes,
I mumbled" Dammit, Sammy, you cruel son of a bitch. Fine. Fine! But you owe me big time, asshat."
" I'm fine with that. I'll do anything." I raised my eyebrow," Some things are out of that range." I crossed my arms with a hard stare," Damn, you are frightening. Okay, I get it, I'll do anything just this once." Dean laughed and I pushed him against the wall with my powers,
Dean said" Bitch."
I said" Jerk." Dean smirked, proud of me, I smiled then let him go and walked to my room, packing up a bag for the trip.
Dean was leaning against my doorway,
He said" This is definitely one of Sam's freaky fetishes."
I said" Oh, most definitely. So, I get shot gun!"
Sam said" No, you don't!"
" Dammit.. big foot!"
" Heard that!"
" Meant for it!" Dean looked at me amused,
Dean said" Mm, something has your panties tied in a knot." I pinned him to the wall normally, he smirked as he knew it." Oh, great. I have to deal with the killer freak and an angry teenage girl, yay for me." I glared at him as hard as a could," Oh, you are gonna be a handful, aren't ya?"
" Screw you." His eyes squinted a bit as he stared into my eyes,
" This your first period?"
" I hate you."
" Yep. Maybe you should hang back, binge watch The Wire with Cas."
" No, Dean. You made me stay last time, but I'm fine now. Don't make me." He sighed then moved my hands from his chest,
" Fine, you can go. But if.. and that's a big If, all this turns to be real, you're leaving, alright?"
" No, Dean, I'm healed. I'm fine. My powers are under control."
" We don't know when they're gonna freak again."
" And if they do, you'll be there to catch me and hold me, okay? Please, don't make me stay here."
" Fine. Fine. Come on." He slung his arm around my shoulder," Short ass."
" I'm short compared to you and big foot down the hall."
" Don't forget Cas too."
" You know, screw you."
" You love me."
" I need a vacation." He smiled and kissed my head, I smiled a bit but didn't let him see.

Once we got to Lizzie Borden's B&B,
Sam said" So I guess Lizzie Borden has her own doll."
Dean said" Yeah, went a little overboard on the crazy eyes."
A person who worked here said" No, it's absolutely not a crime scene anymore. Look, the room's been cleaned, and you're not even on the same floor. Th-There's no reason to canc-" he sighed, we walked to the desk,
" People still freaked out about the murders, huh?"
" Some find it exciting. Can I help you boys?" I might be invisible, Dean told me would throw me out the impala if I didn't stop glaring at him and Sam. So I went invisible and glared at them, instead.
Sam said" Yeah. We'd read about the tragedy, and I'm a bit of a history buff. And I just wanted to ask, do you think the killings had anything to do with Lizzie Borden, I mean, her ghost, or whatever?"
Dean said" Probably just some crazed fan broke in, right?" My powers started faltering, no, no, no! I hid behind Sam and tugged his jacket twice. I appeared and kept still behind him, breathing heavily but quietly.
Dude said" These are great questions, guys, ones we usually answer for our paying guests."
Sam said" Right."
A woman said" You forgot to cancel the bakery order!"
Dude said" Mom, I'm with customers."
" $200 worth of Danish and no guests to eat it!"
" These guys can put away a few."
" It's coming out of your paycheck. Of course it is."
Dean said" Working with family can be tough." says the one who is constantly working with family, thanks, Asshat.
" 20 years. And you have your pick of rooms."
Sam said" We'll take the one the couple was in."
" The deceased couple?"
Dean said" Mm-hmm. We came a long way to see some ghosts. We figured there's the most unrest there."
" Uh, we're not renting that room right now... out of respect." Dean brought out money, and placed it on the table," But you got to get back on that horse sometime. Lucky. We redid the room."
Sam said" Great. And now that we are paying guests, did you hear or see anything unusual that night?"
" Not till we heard the screams. I told mom to stay downstairs, and I ran up there. Oh, god. Blood."
Dean said" And who was the couple?"
" Local kids. I mean, nothing special about the girl, but the guy, he was a descendant of the original Bordens."
Sam said" Thanks."

We walked into the room, I turned and glared at Sam,
Dean said" I don't know where to put my eyes. I think I'm gonna throw up."
Sam said" We're surrounded by doilies. They're everywhere."
" Okay, you think the in keeper might have mentioned this before he ripped us off."
" Ugh. I guess you're gonna have to get yourself another room because this was Lizzie's original room, and I'm not giving it up."
" What are you, 4?"
" Look at that. That jibes with what people online have been saying about the upstairs. Crying in empty rooms, footsteps, buzzing lights." He walked into the closet the EMF went dead silent," No secret panels or passageways in the closet."
" Well, the world's smallest bathroom is clean. What is that smell?"
" I think it's this. It's like a lavender toilet water."
" Bottled toilet water? Why you keep spraying it?"
" I just wanted to see if the squeezy thing worked."
" Wow. I think it was supposed to be a perfume or something."
" Alright, I'm gonna go check out the rest of the inn 'cause now I got grandma all over me, so..." he walked out, I stuck with Sam, I sighed, then shook my head.
I said" The EMF went dead silent when you walked into that closet, come on, there's probably a generator hidden somewhere." He sighed then went to prove himself right, I closed my eyes and searched the entire building. I found the generator under a blanket in the attic, timers in walls, and speakers behind pictures. Fake, duh.
Once Dean came back in, soon did Sam,
Sam said" So, no lizzie in the attic. But I did find a homemade EMF generator. Turned that beast off, and what do you know, no more signal."
Dean said" Shocking. The, uh, flickering lights, wired to timers buried in the walls."
" Come on."
" Oh, and check out this baby. Covering up our very own sound system. I, uh, fished this out of the wall." He turned it on, and it was a woman crying,
" Crying in empty rooms."
" And there's more, running footsteps, uh, creepy whispers you can't quite make out, one flushing toilet, not quite sure what that's about. The whole place is a hoax, man. It's a tourist trap, just like I said."
" Yeah, but we still don't know how that couple got axed. I mean, how did the killer get in and out?"
" I don't know. Why don't we Sherlock that over a beer and a lobster roll, okay? I got to get out of this doily coffin." We walked out,

Once we got back, the woman was murdered by ax, I had to stay hidden in the impala. I closed my eyes and focused on any energy I could find from this house, but... I don't sense anything.
Once they got out of there, and into the impala.
Dean said" Well, so far we got squat that says ghost or anything remotely us."
Sam said" So maybe it's not our usual kind of gig. Maybe we're dealing with a serial killer."
" Oh, yeah, you'd love that, wouldn't you?" My focus started blurring, no, no, then pain seared through me.

Sam. Dean. Hazel. Castiel. Rowena. Crowley. God. Amara. Darkness. End. World. Death. Disease. Fog. Amara. Darkness. Death. Dean. World. Hero. Sam. Hazel. Castiel. Crowley. Rowena. God. Sister. Death. Fog. Disease. Anger. Monsters. Fog. Amara. God. Darkness. Light. Resurrection. Save. Light. Darkness. Monsters. Dean. Dean. Dean. Winchester. Sam. Dean. Hazel. Save. World. End. Death. Disease. Fog. Darkness. Killed. Bad. Evil. Death. Darkness. Death. Amara. Amara. Cain. Mark. Dean. Bond. Amara. End. Darkness. Amara. End. Darkness. Amara. Dean. End. Hero. World. End. Darkness. Disease. Fog. God. Know. Death. Killed. Sam. Dean. Hazel. Winchester. Resurrection. End. World. Castiel. Crowley. Rowena. World. Hazel. Sam. Dean. End. Killed. Dead. Hazel. Dead. Dead. Hazel. Dead. Hazel. Dead. Hazel. Dead.

I woke up, screaming, my arms were grabbed and held down, I opened my eyes and saw Dean. He was holding me down to the bed, I breathed heavily,
Dean said" What did you see?"
I mumbled" Nothing. I only hear things, but it's all fire around me. Dean, it's terrifying. I don't know what to do, Dean."
" Hey, hey, calm down, Hazel, calm down. You're alright."
" What happened?"
" Nothing you gotta worry about, get some sleep, okay?"
" I can't sleep."
" I'll lay with you?" I nodded then he laid down, I laid my head on his chest and I was lulled to sleep.