Chapter 65

We were in some bar, I really didn't care to be here but I knew my brothers wouldn't let anything happen to me.
Sam said" What? This? Um, cattle deaths a few towns over? A demon possibility or something?"
Dean said" No, it says it right there. It's probably just 'cause of the drought."
" So, what are we doing here?"
" Uh, reason's right on your plate. Lizardo's porterhouse, USDA prime. It's the only place between Connecticut and the bunker you can get a decent steak under 10 bucks."
" Dude, you are blowing up. Who is that?"
" Ah, it's just, uh, you know, these alert thingies."
" For what?"
" You know, Monster... stuff." Yeah, sure, I grabbed Dean's phone," Hey, hey. Unh-unh. No. Give it back."
Sam and I said" What? Wh-Why?"
" Because privacy... and stuff."
" Oh, priv-" we looked on his phone and it was a dating app, I scoffed then looked at it." You're on a dating app?"
" Yeah, and you know what? Don't knock it until you try it."
" Nice screen name, Dean..." we both in a deep voice,"Impala67."
" Alright, give it back. Come on."
Sam said" Shaylene, huh? Dean, there are like a million messages here."
" Yeah, uh, check our her pic."
" Uh... oh. Wow. Okay. Um, okay. She's hot. But..."
" But, what?"
" But she seems, um... kind of... available. Like, too available. "Oh, baby, whatever you want. I'm burning up just thinking about you"."
" They get raunchier."
" Yeah. Yeah, I-I see that. It's like a, uh, like a penthouse letter."
" Yeah. Is that bad?"
" No, it's not bad, Dean. It's too good to be true."
" I'm sorry, is it- is it too hard to believe that an attractive, red-blooded, American female could be interested in someone like me?"
" You realize there's no guarantee Shaylene is even Shaylene. I mean, for all you know, it could be some... canadian trucker n-named Bruce." Then he stopped as he saw the woman from the account,
" That look like a Bruce to you?" He started getting up,
I said" We- We detoured eight hours so you could get laid?"
" Yeah. Yeah. Oh, and, uh, you know what? Lunch is on me. And, uh... don't wait up." He walked off, I sighed then scoffed,
" I need a life outside of you two jerks."
Sam said" I didn't do anything."
" Still need a life outside of you two jerks."
" You probably do, I don't think it's right for a little sister to become little protective mama bear any time her brothers are in danger."
" Hey, two cougars were hitting on you and Dean, I protected you from STD's and asshats."
" You need a life outside of us."
" I can't exactly hook up with anyone, Sammy, I'm 14."
" Never say hook up and my name in one sentence, ever again." I laughed, smiling," Seriously, never say it again."
" It's true, I mean... I could get some high schools boys, Sammy, it's not that hard."
" I'm leaving." I laughed and nearly fell off the chair but Sam grabbed me and balanced me." Go to the library or something, a place far away from any boy." I laughed," You're too innocent to mess around with boys."
" Sammy, I've literally been to hell and back, and to Heaven and back. I've faced the devil himself, and lived.. half way, anyways... I'm not innocent, Sammy. Never have been, remember, I'm freakin' a quarter demon."
" That's why you need a life outside of all of this, of me and Dean, you need to be able to do something semi normal even if it doesn't last long."
" I'm fine with this, Sam. I swear." He scoffed," Shut up."
" You're fine with getting drunk and getting hurt?"
" Yeah, I guess. I mean, I've been drinking since forever. Getting hurt is like nothing now. Sam, we were raised into this from babies, you were 6 months old.. I was..." I don't even know how old I was,
" You were maybe around a year, take or leave a few months, you were small and weak. But you were so bubbly and bright, happy, your smile was amazing, so was your laugh. Dean and I knew you'd have us wrapped around your fingers before you could even talk." I smiled," I remember, Dean swore to never let anything or anyone hurt you ever, he didn't care what anyone would say. He told me,"don't even think about getting her on your side, this kid's my baby girl," he was happy for once, Nothing could have hurt you when he was around."
" You guys never tell me what happened when I was younger... I only remember bits and pieces, any time I bring it up, you two change the subject."
" You remember looking for dad, right?"
" Yeah, I guess, I remember seeing you for the first time in a long time, uh... then you left again, Dean was really broken up about it, then you rescued us from that pagan god... then you would always ship me off to the babysitter's, for me to have a "Normal" life. You guys told me, one day.... I think, dad was gone, he wasn't coming back. Then I remember listening to a voicemail, Dean had left the babysitter, he was freaking out. But I made out the words, Keep Hazel safe. We'll be by to get her soon. She seems happy. We had an accident, Sam's hurt but he'll be fine soon. I was terrified, I thought you'd died or something. Then that's all I really can remember, up to me trying to protect you from Lilith."
" There's a lot of blank spots in there, it must have been from the times you were hit or died."
" Yeah, I guess."
" You were an amazing baby, when you started walking, we were so happy. But you were a trouble maker. Because of Dean."
" I don't even want to know what he did, do I?"
" No, not really. Let's just say, I chewed him out for that time."
" Great, gross."

Dean called us to a motel room, looks like Demons are upping their game.
Sam and I walked out to be seen by the demon,
The demon said" Winchesters." We looked up at the devil's trap,
Dean said" She told us everything."
Sam said" Abduction, forced prostitution. It's pretty gnarly, Even for a demon."
Demon said" She's got her version, I've got mine."
Girl said" Liar."
Dean said" Let me guess, she came to you begging for you to pimp her out."
Demon said" Yeah, 'cause that Harvard degree was working out so well for her."
" How many girls are there, hmm? How big is this?"
" Just me and Shay."
Shay said" He's lying. There's a brothel. I heard him on the phone. They told me what you are, a demon from Hell."
" Beats trash from the street. Face it, missy, without me, you would've been dead of drugs or worse in a year. Frankly, this little ho should be thanking me." Then she grabbed the blade from Dean, and stabbed the guy, dammit!
Dean said" Okay. Well, that just happened."
Sam said" Yeah, and he was our best shot at the location of the brothel. Do you have any idea where it is?"
Shay said" No, but, um... I saw him give these out at the bars." She gave us a card, oh great.

They went in, but wouldn't let me go in with them, 'cause they're being "protective"
Once they came out, they had a theory on what did it. A witch killed Raul, and another demon smoked out.
Sam said" Um, so it looks like in the 18th century, there were accounts of demons killed by witchcraft.

After a while, Sam called me since I left them to do my own thing since I'm not a kid anymore, I need to do my own thing.
He said" Can you check out every 5 star hotel in the area?"
I said" Why?"
" High class witch, think it's a lead."
" Okay, I'll check it. Call you soon." I turned the block and started searching the 5 star hotels around my area.
Once I got even a slight lead, I texted Sam then waited for them. We went to the building, and then they got the room number. We got there and saw 2 demons dragging a red headed witch and the 2 hookers. Dean stabbed one of them with the angel blade then he was thrown back, the other Demon attacked Sam. I ran and grabbed the knife, stabbing the demon that was advancing towards Sam.
One of the girls said" Who are those guys?"
Red head said" Hunters."
Blonde said" Let's get out of here."
" That's not an exit."
Dean said" Don't worry, ladies. Our beef's not with you. We're here for the witch. Rowena."
Rowena said" Always nice to be recognized."
Blonde said" Do something.. A spell!"
" That's an excellent idea." I raised my hands, then Rowena started saying a spell, then the blonde screamed.
Dean said" What did you do to her?!" Then the girl went attack dog, I dodged her punch but Dean and Sam didn't. Rowena and the other girl ran off, Dean and Sam got up, and focused on the cursed girl.
Sam and I said" Go!" Dean went after them after looking at us.
Sam and I got her in the closet, and were pushing it back, I felt an ache in my chest. I sighed then fought through it, then the noise stopped, I saw Sam had his gun out. I looked at Sam then we opened the closet and the girl was dead.
We got out of there to find Dean, with the asshat who kidnapped us and very horribly tortured us. Sam and I pulled out of guns, Dean saw us.
Dean said" Put it down. Sam, Hazel, put it down! Col, it's fine."
Sam and I said" Dean?"
" Put it down!" We listened to him and put our guns down, Cole turned back to Dean," Cole, hey, right here. We're talking, okay?"
Cole said" How can I believe you, huh? How can I believe you?! My whole life, I've been..."
" I get it. That was your story. Look, man, I got one of those, too. Okay, but those stories that we tell that keep us going? Man, sometimes they blind us. They take us to dark places, the kind of place where I might beat the crap out of a good man just for the fun of it. The people who love me, they pulled me back from that edge. Cole, once you touch that darkness... it never goes away. Now, the truth is... I'm past saving. I know how my story ends. It's at the edge of a blade of the barrel of a gun. So, the question is, is that gonna be today? That gonna be that gun?"
Sam said" You've got a family, Cole. I heard you on the phone that night. I'm guessing they need you to come back, and they need you to come back whole." Cole gave the gun to Dean, I breathed out, I didn't even realize I was holding my breathe.

Once Cole left,
Sam said" He say where he was going?"
Dean said" Home."
" Rowena?"
" In the wind."
" What you said earlier, back there, about being past saving... were you really-"
" I was just telling the guy what he needed to hear." He shrugged, Sam and I nodded," We better go." Dean started walking, Sam followed, so did I.