Chapter 10

Sam said" No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought if he comes to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just call us if you hear anything. Thanks."
Dean said" Caleb hasn't heard from him?"
" Nope. Neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?"
" No. Same last time I looked. Nothing I can make out. I love the guy, but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."
" Maybe we should call the feds, file a missing person's."
" Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail."
" I don't care anymore. After all that happened back in Kansas. He should have been there. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing."
" I know."
" You know, he could be dead for all we know."
" Don't say that. He's not dead. He's-"
" He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"
" I don't believe it."
" What?"
" It's a... a text message. It's coordinates."

We were looking up the coordinates, Sam said" You think dad was texting us?"
Dean said" He's given us coordinates before."
" The man can barely work a toaster, Dean."
" Sam, this is good news. It means he's okay... or alive."
" Was there a number on the caller ID?"
" It said unknown."
" Okay, well, where do the coordinates point?"
" That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois."
" Okay, and that's interesting how?"
" I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this. This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. Earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum."
" Okay, I'm not following. What does this have to do with us?" I yawned as Dean grabbed Daddy's journal and I walked to the bed, I laid down and fell asleep.

I woke up in the impala, I rubbed my eyes and looked at my brothers.
I said" Where we going?"
Dean said" To an asylum."
" What's that?"
" Uh... A place where you would be if you didn't have us."
Sam said" Dean! Hazel, don't listen to him, it's a place where they keep... sick people."
" Yeah, crazies." Sam hit his shoulder, Dean hit him back," It's the real word for looney bin, okay?"
I said" Okay."

Dean and Sam went into a bar, to talk to the Police Officer, once Dean came out, he leaned against the car and I got out and tugged his jacket. He lifted me into his arms, and I laid my head on his shoulder.
Once Sam came out of the bar,
Dean said" You shoved me kind of hard in there, buddy boy."
Sam said" I had to sell it, didn't I? It's method acting."
Dean said" Huh?" I mimicked him,
" Never mind."
" What did you find out from Gunderson?"
" So, Walter Kelly was a good cop. Head of his class, even-keeled. He had a bright future ahead of him."
" What about home?"
" He and his wife had a few fights. But it was mostly smooth sailing. They were even talking about having kids."
" Alright, either Kelly had some crazy waiting to bust out or something else did it to him. What did Gunderson tell you about the asylum?"
" A lot."

We were going to the asylum, one problem is there's a fence around it and we'd have to climb it. I can't climb that well, I looked at Sam and Dean as they were trying to figure out how to get me over the fence, safely.
Dean said" I'll throw her over and you can catch her." Sam looked at him, then rolled his eyes, I whimpered, looking at Dean," Just kidding, Haz, I would never ever risk that." He ruffled my hair,
Sam said" How about, you get her as high as you can, and she climbs the rest and then I'll help her down."
" Okay, that might work."

Once we got to the asylum, Dean parked and we got out. Sam climbed over the fence and Dean threw the stuff over. Dean lifted me up and got me high up, I grabbed onto the fence and climbed it, my foot slipped and I yelped.
Dean said" Woah, easy there, Hazel. Easy, alright?" I nodded, then continued to climb, once I got across the bar, I climbed down, I felt Sam's hands on my legs then stomach as he lifted me up and held me. I sighed then looked at Sam," Good job, Hazel, let's never do that again." I giggled at Dean's comment, Sam ruffled my hair and put me down.
We walked in, looking around the place, Sam said" So, apparently, the cops chased the kids here... into the south wing."
Dean said" South wing, huh? Wait a second. 1972, 3 kids broke into the south wing. Only one survived. The way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place."
" So, whatever's going on, south wing seems like the heart of it."
" Yeah, but if kids are spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths?" I pointed to the chains on the ground,
" It looks like the doors are usually chained. They could have been chained up for years."
" Yeah, to keep people out. Or to keep something in." Sam opened the door, we're going in there," Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel."
" Dude, enough."
" I'm serious. You've got to be careful. Ghosts are attracted to that ESP thing you got."
" I told you, it's not ESP. I just have strange vibes sometimes, weird dreams."
" Yeah, whatever. Don't ask, don't tell."
" Do you get any reading on that thing or not?"
" No. Of course, it doesn't mean nobody's home."
" Spirits can't appear during certain hours of the day."
" The freaks come out at night. Who do you think is a hotter psychic, Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you?" Sam hit Dean as Dean laughed, I giggled and looked at Sam.