Chapter 89

Mary said" Just... hear me out. Please."
Dean said" Wow. Just wow."
" Dean... What the British men of letters are doing... what we're doing, it's a better way. They... look, I'm not blind to who they are or what they've done, but-"
Sam said" When? When? When did you start working with them?"
" Since... before the lake house. It wasn't Wally. They brought me that case."
Dean said" You were runnin' an errand for the Brits. You kept it from us. Cas almost died."
Sam said" A hunter got killed."
Mary said" Think I don't know? I'm the one who burned his body. I'm the one who told his wife. I watch him die every night."
Dean said" Good."
" I'm doing this for you. I'm playing three decades of catch up here."
" And we're not? How do you think this has been for us? We're your sons, and you've been gone. Our whole lives, you've been gone. You said that you needed time. No, you said you need space. So we gave you your space. But you didn't need just space. No, you needed space from us."
" That's not true. Dean, I'm trying-"
" How 'bout for once, you just try to be a mom?"
" I am your mother, but I am not just a mom. And you are not a child."
" I never was. So between us and them-"
" It's not like that."
" Yeah, Mary, it is. And you made your choice. So there's the door." He walked away, I looked at him then to Sam,
" Sam..."
Sam said" You should go." I went off to find Dean, because I know angry Dean is not a Dean to have around.

I was reading a book in the library when Dean walked into the map room,
Dean said" Body found two days ago. Throat ripped out, ear to ear."
Sam sad" Well, good morning to you, too."
" Read it."
" The guy was a-a known drug dealer with enemies. His throat wasn't ripped out. It was slit with a knife. I'm not really sure this is our kind of thing."
" We don't know that. His blood could've been drained."
" It could've been?"
" You know what? You find us a case. 'Cause I need to hit something. Now." Yep... he's pissed, really, really pissed, Sam!
" You wanna talk about it?"
" Not really. What was she thinkin', man?"
" I don't know. Maybe we should ask her."
" What?"
" Look... I-I am pissed and- and frustrated and confused, too. But we've frozen her out for days."
" She lied to us, Sam."
" I know."
" For months."
" I know, but it's Mom! I mean, whatever she was doing, she must've had a good reason."
" A good reason? A good reason for working with those ass clowns?"
" Look, I hear you, alright? But- But at the end of the day, she's family. We owe it to her to at least-"
" Alright, you know what? Screw it. I need a drink."
" You-"
" No, I need drinks. Plural. And this... whole peacemaker shtick that you've been running, first with Cas, now with mom, it's getting old, man."
" What's that supposed to mean?"
" You're always playing the middle, Sam. For once, why don't you pick a side?" I saw Sam look at his phone, then he got up, Dean was already gone to a bar.
I said" Sam..."
Sam said" I'll be back."
" Oh, no, no, no. I will force you to stay here, and you know that."
" I'm just-"
" Going to meet with Mary, I can read your mind, you idiot. Dean's already pissed... he's already wanting to kill something, so am I gonna have to stop Dean from killing you?"
" Maybe. But you won't let him kill me."
" Very true. But I don't trust people, Sammy, let alone hunters, let a freakin alone, the brits! They hurt you, Sammy, and I want to kill them."
" They hurt you too."
" I heal faster than you..." he gave me that look," Most of the time, you're not going alone, whether you let me come with you willingly or not."
" You're staying here. Just in case Dean comes back."
" Oh, hell no. Not even Enochian cuffs can stop me from following you, Sam." He stood up and walked towards the door, I ran in front of him and stood in front of the stairway. He sighed, then grabbed my wrist, tightly, I looked at him. I, gently as possible, pushed him into the wall with my mind. I let go of him and he ran to me and grabbed me, holding me against him. He grabbed cuffs and handcuffed me to the table, I struggled for a minute,
" Dean'll let you out when he gets back, I'll be back soon, I swear."
" I'm gonna kill you!" He ran upstairs, fast,
" Love you too!" I sighed then smirked, dammit, we're all too much alike!