Chapter 49

My mom was hitting me with a hammer, I was screaming, then I saw Lucifer. He laughed,
He said" Hmm, has she talked yet?"
My mom said" No, she's stubborn, just like her brother."
I said" Bitch!"
He said" Hmm, maybe we'll just have to fix that." He snapped his fingers and I felt intense pain on my lips, I tried to open my mouth but couldn't. They were literally sewed up, I started crying, then he walked closer to me and his hand started looking like fire. I was shaking, terrified, he placed his hand on my back and I tore through the stitches screaming in pain.

I jolted up when someone touched my shoulder, I saw Dean, he looked at me. He said" Here, hydrate... And uh, sugar-ate." He handed me a bottle of water and a pop tart. I grabbed it and looked at him," Don't get used to this." He grabbed my arm gently and unwrapped my wrist, He poured alcohol on it, I hissed in low pain. Then he wiped it off and wrapped it back up,
I said" Have you woken up, Sammy?"
" No, but why did you jolt up?"
" No reason."
" You know, you can't lie to me, Hazel."
" We've all lied to each other, like a billion times."
" Yeah, I know. So, wanna tell me what you had a nightmare about?"
" No." I shook my head and looked away from him. He sighed then walked out, I gulped then saw my mother out of the corner of my eye.

Once I walked downstairs, I heard Sam,
He said" Look, I-I just figured try to hold on to the safety bar and ride it out, you know? I... but it's getting more specific."
Dean said" As in, specifically what?" Uh-oh, Dean's not gonna like this at all. Sam explained," What the hell, Sam?"
" I told you."
" No, I mean, seriously, how do you- how do you argue with that?"
" I know. I-it's a problem."
" Well, now, wait. I got it. Why would the devil holodeck you a whole new life when he could just kick your ass all over the cage?"
" 'Cause, as he puts it... you can't torture someone who has nothing left for you to take away."
" Okay, fine. But this Malibu dream mansion that he- he- he makes for you to take away is this post apocalyptic mess? Wait, are you seeing him right now?" Sam nodded," You know that he's not real, right?"
" He says the same thing about you."
Bobby said" I'm going back to work." He walked away, I walked into the room and to Sam and Dean. Dean watched as I walked to Sam and hugged him, pulling myself onto his lap. I laid my head in the crook of his neck, and played with the buttons on his shirt.
I said" I see my mom... she says I'm still in hell, and everything is fake, and it's scary. She says it's just a way for him to torture me." Sam moved his head so it was rested on top of mine, I looked down and didn't dare look up.

Dean went to some case a few hours away, after Sam convinced him we'd be fine.
After a while, the later it was, someone called Bobby's line and it ended up being something at Sioux Falls General, so he headed down there, leaving Sam and I alone.

I was in my room when the screams started, I flinched, I closed my eyes and tried to block it out. Then I heard My mom say" Hmm, look at that, still the weak little girl. Even after this eventful time." Flashes of hell came back, I whimpered and opened my eyes, I was in my room! I'm not in hell, I got out!," Say it all you want, Hazel, you're still in hell, right outside Lucifer's cage, you can hear your brother screaming. You try so hard to get to him, to help your big brother, but you know you can't, you're chained down." Chains came down in front of me and wrapped around my arms and legs, I couldn't move. I breathed heavily,
I said" Leave me alone!" She laughed then pulled the chains tighter, then they wrapped around my neck. I choked and my eyes started to water as I couldn't breathe anymore. She let go and I fell to the ground, breathing heavily, wiping my eyes quickly. She laughed again,
" See, even your body reacts like it's supposed to, not like your brain, you abomination."
" I'm not an abomination."
" Yes, you are, you just don't want to admit it, you're scared to accept, you'll never be like your brothers, normal."
" You're wrong."
" How, sweetie?"
" My brothers aren't normal, bitch, neither am I. We're freaks, we know we're freaks, we accept being freaks, we know we'll never be normal, no matter how hard we try to be."
" Oh, but they still try to hold on, that's what makes you different, they're at least fully human. No demon blood, no grace, all normal human blood. You will never be like your brothers."
" I don't care."
" Yes you do, you just try so hard to tuck it away, you always want to be like Dean and Sam. You always want to grow up just like them."
" I've learned-"
" No, you haven't. You've learned nothing, you're just a scared, little girl hoping to be scooped into your brothers' arms and live happily ever after. But that won't ever happen, you see, because You and Sam are in hell, the deepest part of hell. Lucifer never let you out, and Sam never got rescued, Lucifer just let you share the same little world of torture, so you'd both have something he could break down." I closed my eyes and pressed down on my wrist, hoping something would make her go away. Then it went silent, I opened my eyes and saw she was gone, I breathed out then laid down on the bed. My eyes closed instantly, and I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone lifting me up, my eyes snapped open and I saw Dean. I whined uncomfortably,
Dean said" Hazel, where's Sam?"
I mumbled" Strip fielding his gun."
" No, he's not, he's gone." I looked up, I got scared," We're gonna go and find him, can't have you disappearing too." He walked downstairs and out to the impala, he put me in then got in and we drove off.
We followed Sam's GPS, and it was to this warehouse place, Dean went in, making me stay out here. I got out and walked to the door,
Dean said" Sam, what are you doing? Whoa! Whoa!"
Sam said" I thought I was with you, Dean."
" Okay. Okay. Well, here I am."
" No. No, I-I don't- I... I can't know that for sure. You understand me?"
" Okay, then we're gonna have to start small."
" I don't remember driving here." I heard a gun go off,
" Whoa! Whoa! Sam! This discussion does not require a weapons discharge! Look at me. Come on. You don't know what's real? Look, man, I've been to hell. Okay? I know a thing or two about torture, enough to know that it feels different than the pain of this- this regular stupid crappy this."
" No. No, How can you know that for sure?"
" Let me see your hand. No, no, no. The- The gimp hand. Let me see it. Hey, This is real. Not a year ago, not in hell, now. I was with you when you cut it. I sewed it up. Look. This is different, right? Than the crap that's tearing at your walnut. I'm different. Right?!"
" Yeah, I think so."
" Sam. Hey. I am your flesh and blood brother, okay? And I'm the only one who can legitimately kick your ass in real time. You got away. We got you out, Sammy. Believe in that. Believe me, okay? You got to believe me. You got to make it stone number one and build on it. You understand?" Then I went to go inside but,
My mom said" All just a lie, sweetie. Lucifer playing his mind games with Sam and you. Giving you a little bit of release before he pulls you back under. None of this is real, at all, you just want to believe it's real, you want your Sammy to be okay." I started shaking," You just want your Sammy to be okay, what's wrong with you? You have to be selfish, you don't need to care about anyone else. They don't care about you, they never have and never will. Remember, they're the Winchester brothers, that name doesn't have a little girl in it. It's a brave name for brave little soldiers, you are nothing but the little one who thinks she can protect her brothers. When she can barely protect herself from the things that go bump in the night." I saw Dean and Sam, I looked back at my mother, Dean looked at Sam.
Sam said" She's seeing her mom." Dean walked over and stood in front of me, he crouched down,
Dean said" Hazel, Hazel, look at me." I looked at him, then back up at my mother.
She said" Hmm, and now you don't know if I'm real, or if they are. The truth is I'm real, they are not." I grabbed the knife from my belt, and held it out at Dean.
" Hey, Haz. Give me the knife, right now, baby girl. Give me the knife." I shook my head," Hey, I'm real, Sam's real. She's dead, Hazel, we saw her body, she's dead. We aren't. We are right here. Let me see your gimp wrist. Come on, let me see." I held out my wrist to him, he took it and pressed down hard, I whimpered and yelped in pain," See? That's real, I saw you fall out of Sam's arms, when he fell, and glass opened your wrist up, I saw the blood gushing out and I'm the one who sewed it up. That's real, I'm real, and Sammy's real. She's not real. Believe me, okay? Believe me, Hazel, you've gotta believe me, okay?"
I mumbled" Okay." He pressed a little harder, My mother faded away, I looked at him, breathing heavily. I nodded, then wrapped my arms around his neck, he lifted me up and carried me.

Once we were driving down the road, Dean said" Look, when we get back to Bobby's-"
Sam said" It's okay, Dean. I'm good. No white rabbits. I'm not seeing anything."
" Okay. Baby steps." Then we pulled up to Bobby's and it was burned down," Oh, no." Dean drove fast and they got out," Hazel, stay in the car." I stayed put as they got out and headed to look for Bobby, please Bobby, don't be in there.
Once I saw them both come out, I got out and walked to them, I held Sam's hand as we walked to the garage.
Dean said" That place was torched, Somebody knew what they were doing."
Sam said" You think Bobby was back there?"
" I don't know." Dean pointed one way, and Sam and I started in that direction,
" Bobby?!"

After searching for a few minutes,
a man said" Winchester. Congratulations. Apparently, you three are competent enough to warrant annihilating. I'd take it as a compliment." Then Dean shot a barrel into his face, and it didn't die! I'm guessing Leviathan. The man grabbed Dean and slammed him into a car window, I heard Dean's bone crack. Sam let go of my hand and ran over to the man, punching him, I ran over and ducked under Sam, then raised my hands. The man looked at me then grabbed the collar of my shirt, I kicked his stomach then he threw me onto a car hood. I tried to stay awake but couldn't, I passed out.

I woke up for a second when I heard Dean,
He said" Sam, Hazel, you stay with me, you hear?" I opened my eyes and saw we were in the back of an ambulance. I saw my mom,
She said" Okay, so maybe I'm not real, nobody's perfect. But I'm not going anywhere, Hazel." I felt pain, I started thrashing.