Chapter 15

Daddy sent us coordinates, I was sitting in the backseat, watching Sam and Dean talk.
Dean said" Yeah, you probably missed something."
Sam said" I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers... I couldn't find a single red flag. Are you sure you got the coordinates right?"
" Yeah, I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important, Sammy."
" Well, I'm telling you, I looked, and all I could find was a big, steamy pile of nothing. If dad's sending us hunting for something, I don't know what."
" Well, maybe he's gonna meet us there."
" Yeah, 'cause he's been so easy to find up to this point."
" You're a real smartass, you know that? Don't worry. Im sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing."
" Yeah? What makes you so sure?"
" Because I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right."
" No, it doesn't."
" It totally does." Dean smiled when Sam didn't talk back,
I said" Is that how it really works?"
" Yes."
Sam said" No." I giggled as they looked at each other then Sam sighed then nodded," Yeah, that's how it works, baby girl."
I said" Okay."

Once we parked, Dean went into some diner to get coffee, Sam and I got out, I looked at the playground then looked at Sam. He nodded and I walked to the playground and noticed there weren't any kids. Only one girl, I started swinging as she got off and went to climb. I saw Dean walk up to a woman sitting on the bench, then he nodded to Sam. I jumped off the swing and ran back to Sam, Dean came back.

I was stuck out in the car, while Dean and Sam were going to the hospital to figure out why all these kids were getting sick. I saw Sam's badge, it's funny, it says Bikini Inspector, Dean probably did that on purpose. Because it's Dean and he likes to tease Sammy a lot. Once they came out, we headed to the house of one of the cases, and they went in, I was left to stand guard, or make sure they get out of the house first. When they came back to the car, Sam said" Dean was right." He ruffled my hair before moving me over so he could get in. I whined and snuggled into him, he opened his arm and wrapped it around me. I smiled and started closing my eyes, then fell asleep.
I whined as someone tried to wake me up, Sam said" Yeah, Dean, there's no waking her up. She'll kill us."
Dean said" Fine, let's go. She won't wake up before we're back."
I mumbled" Where goin'?"
He scoffed," We'll be back soon, go back to sleep, baby girl."
" Wuv you."
" Love you too."
Sam said" Love you too." Then I heard the door close, I turned over and fell asleep again. I woke up when I heard something, I opened my eyes and was face to face with the monster. I screamed and then felt really sleepy, I passed out.

I felt someone shaking me and softly slapping my face,
I heard Sammy say" Hey, hey, hey. No, no. Hazel, come on, wake up! Wake up! Hazel! Hazel, wake up! No! Hazel!" I felt his hand holding my hand, I moved my fingers to wrap around his hand." Okay... come on, come on, You don't go down that easily, do you? Baby girl, I need you to open your eyes, right now." I didn't feel good, and I was really cold, I wanted Sam and Dean!" Hey, hey, Hazel. Come on, I know you can do it, I know you can open your pretty eyes. Come on, baby girl." I fluttered my eyelids," Hey, that's it." I gripped onto his hand," I've got you. I've got you. I'm not letting you go."

Sam's POV
I walked into the motel room to check on Hazel, since we ended up being later than we thought and she was probably freaking out since we didn't leave a note or phone. I opened the door and saw Hazel laying on the bed, her skin pale and she barely breathing. No! No! I ran to her and sat on my knees, I started to shake her and softly slap her face. Trying anything to get her to wake up and say something.
I said" Hey, hey, hey. No, no. Hazel, come on, wake up! Wake up! Hazel! Hazel, wake up! No! Hazel!" I held onto her hand, come on, Hazel, Wake up, please! Her fingers gripped my hand." Okay... come on, come on, You don't go down that easily, do you? Baby girl, I need you to open your eyes, right now. Hey, hey, Hazel. Come on, I know you can do it, I know you can open your pretty eyes. Come on, baby girl." She fluttered her eyelids," Hey, that's it. I've got you. I've got you. I'm not letting you go." She opened her eyes fully, I sighed then dropped my head before lifting it back up to look at her. My heart was racing, I was scared that I would lose my baby sister. Dean's gonna freak out when I tell him.
She muttered" Sammy, no feel good."
" I know, baby girl, I know. Come on, let's get you warm, okay?" She nodded weakly," Okay, okay." I wrapped her arms around my neck and lifted her up, her face fell into my neck and I held onto her. I pulled her blanket around her and then walked to my bag and grabbed a hoodie. I wrapped it around her and rocked her a bit, hoping to calm her down. I was shaking, I was scared, she's my baby sister, I never want her to be hurt or sick, especially from a monster. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and wet it with hot water, I wrapped it around her shoulders. I went to put her down,
She shouted" No! Don' leave me! Don' leave me! Sammy, No!"
" Shh, shh, shh. I'm not leaving you, baby girl, it's alright. It's alright. I just need to put you down for a second, okay?" She nodded, I put her down and picked up my phone,
Dean said" Yeah?"
I said" Dean, don't get angry..."
" What, what happened?"
" The monster, it got Hazel too, last night. But.. she woke up, she's really pale and really cold, but she's gonna be okay, right?"
" Don't leave her alone again, I've got to go, make sure she's okay, Sammy." He hung up and I turned to face Hazel, she was dozing off. I lifted her up,
" Hey, come on, let's go."
She mumbled" Where?"
" To help kill this monster."
" M'kay." I wrapped my arms around her and carried her out, she instantly started shaking, I rubbed her back and hurried us to the car.

Hazel and I were at the library, she was laying on the chairs, her head on my lap. She was half asleep, her hands holding my shirt, I called Dean,
He said" Hey."
I said" Hey, how's the kid?"
" He's not good. Where you at?"
" I'm at the library, trying to find out as much as I can about this Shtriga."
" Yeah, what do you got? How's Hazel?"
" Well, bad news. I started with Fort Douglas around the time you said dad was there."
" And?"
" Same deal. Before that, there was Ogdenville. Before that, North Haverbrook and Brockway. Every 15 to 20 years, it hits a new town. Dean, this thing is just getting started in Fitchburg. In all these other places, it goes on for months, dozens of kids, before the shtriga finally moves on. Kids just languish in comas, and then they die."
" How far back does this thing go?"
" I don't know. The earliest mention I could find is this place called Black River Falls back in the 1890's. Talk about Horror show. Whoa." I saw a familiar face,
" Sam?"
" Hold on. I'm looking at a photograph right now of a bunch of doctors standing around a kid's bed. One of the doctors is hydraker."
" And?"
" And this picture was taken in 1893."
" You sure?"
" Yeah. Yeah, absolutely." He hung up, and I looked down at Hazel, she was asleep. I sighed then closed the pages and cleaned up, I lifted Hazel into my arms and carried her out.

Once I got back to the room, I put Hazel onto the bed, and waited for Dean to get here. Hazel's eyes opened again, she shot up,
She said" Sammy?!"
I said" It's okay, I'm right here." I walked to her and felt her head, she whined and cuddled into me, holding onto my shirt." Hey, you feeling any better?" She shook her head.

Hazel's POV
I woke up a little when I felt Dean's hand on my head, I hummed, and moved towards him.
He said" Hey, hey, you're gonna be just fine, Sammy and I are gonna fix it, okay? We're gonna make you better again." I opened my eyes," Hey, baby girl, everything's gonna be just fine, you're gonna be okay soon."
I mumbled" De, why cry?"
" Because I hate seeing you like this, I promise it'll never happen again, as long as I live."
" Okay, De." He kissed my head and stood up, I closed my eyes again and fell asleep.

I woke up to the rumble of the impala, I rubbed my eyes, and sat up.
I said" What happened?"
Dean said" Stuff that I'm willing to tell you if you tell how you feel?"
" I feel okay, I guess." I crawled into the front and sat on Sam's lap, I looked at my brothers," Can ya tell me what happened now?"
" We killed it. And everyone was better, even you. Hazel, how did you not end up in a coma?"
" I don't know. I remember Sam waking me up, and I didn't feel good, and I was cold."
" Baby girl, you looked like you were going to die."
" Really?"
" Yeah."