Chapter 52

Dean said" You what?!" I shrunk back a bit," What in hell do you mean, Hazel?!"
I said" I drink Demon blood."
Sam said" Hazel, why are you drinking that stuff, where are you getting it?"
" It's helping me get stronger, when you guys got hurt... I couldn't watch that again, I couldn't hold back a leviathan. I summoned Crowley, and he gives me the blood, it's working, I can feel myself getting stronger, it's only a matter of time-"
Dean yelled" Hazel! That crap almost killed Sam! Why in hell would you think it'd help you?!" My lip quivered, he glared at me," Seriously?! What were you thinking?! That stuff is addicting, you saw it with Sam?! Why would you drink that stuff?! You're acting... you're acting like a monster?!"
Sam said" Dean!" Dean closed his mouth once he realized what he just said,
" Hazel... I- I didn't mean that, you know I didn't."
I said" If I'm acting like a monster, why don't you just go ahead and end me!"
Sam said" Ha-"
" No, Sammy, you heard what he's said a billion times before! If he didn't know us, he'd have killed us! So, go ahead Dean kill your baby sister, kill the only person that stuck by you when all hell was loose, literally and figuratively! Kill the only person that was there for you even when you wanted no one! You've already abandoned me a million times, just go ahead and end it!" I pulled my knees up, and covered my head, I started breaking down. I mumbled," Sammy, want you." Sam got out and got into the backseat, he pulled me onto his lap and I hid my face in the crook of his neck. I started crying, silently, Sam's arms wrapped around me tightly, comforting me the only way he could. I started falling asleep,
I heard Sam whispered" Good going, Dean, what was that?"
Dean whispered" She's drinking blood, Sam."
" Yeah, so did I, what you can hit me, but you can't hit her, so you chew her out? If you didn't see this, she's already having a hard time, you know how much our fighting effects her. She's just doing what she thinks is right, she's just a kid, she can't stand us being hurt."
" That don't mean she can turn to demon blood, Sam."
" Look, I know that stuff is horrible, I know this, but you don't need to chew her out because of it. She's just scared, those Leviathan scare her, maybe more than Lucifer... or her mom. You need to suck it up, and apologize to her, be the big brother."
" No."
" Why not?"
" I get it, you know? But for all the shit she's done, this is far the worst."
" Everything she's done was to protect us, what do you mean?"
" You've been out of it. She's acting like us, and that scares me, Sam."
" Why?"
" Sam, we risk our lives for each other, She'd died, been to hell, kidnapped by the devil, tortured, and probably worse... because of us."
" Yeah I know, it scares me too. But we can't stop her or control her, she'll do what she wants to do. She has a choice, we didn't. Just apologize to her, okay? I'll get her to stop drinking demon blood."
" Fine."
I fell asleep.

We were taking a pit stop, Sam walked to me,
He said" Hazel, you need to stop, baby girl, that stuff has some nasty side effects."
I said" I'm gonna stop, I'm not addicted to it. I can stop. I just need to be strong enough to stop a leviathan."
" No, you need to stop now, it's not safe, we don't know what it'll do to you, it's only for your safety, okay? We'll find another way."
" Fine, I'll stop. I'll call it off."
" Thank you." He hugged me tightly, I hugged him back,
Once we got back to Dean, Dean grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Sam.
Dean said" Look, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm just scared, okay? I didn't mean a word I said. The second I heard demon blood it was like my brain rewired. I'm so sorry, Hazel, I didn't mean it."
I said" It's okay, De, I know you didn't mean it." He lifted me up and hugged me, I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
——————————
Sam said" Did you strip enough wire?"
Dean said" Yes, I stripped enough wire."
" Alright." He done the electrical thingy and the lights came out,
" See? Told you. Well, isn't this cozy?"
" Yeah. Well, motel 6 just ain't leaving the light on anymore."
Bobby said" Well, I'm taking a page out of Frank Devereaux's bible on this. Everybody's out to get you, paranoia is just plain common sense."
Dean said" Weeks, guys. Weeks. We've been living with cold showers, cold hot pockets, cold freaking  everything. I mean, this is the bottom that we're living in. You guys get that, right?"
" How many big mouths are out there, running card traces, like chet, or hunting us down god knows what ways? No, now's not the time to be laying out bed rolls out on the grid. Not if we can help it." Then the electricity back fired,
" That's just great. This is stupid. Our quality of life is crap. We got Purgatory's least wanted everywhere, and we're on our third The World's Screwed issue in, what, three years? We've steered the bus away from the cliff twice already."
Sam said" Someone's got to do it."
" What if the bus wants to go over the cliff?"
" You think the world wants to end?"
" I think that if we didn't take its belt and all its pens away each year. That, yeah, the whole enchilada would offed itself already."
Bobby said" Stop trying to wrestle with the big picture, son. You're gonna hurt your head. So, what's the guff?"
Sam said" Well, uh, there have been a rash of sightings all over the southern pine barrens, a strange, fast moving, human like creature. Locals even have a name for it."
" The Jersey Devil? I thought that was just local tall-tale crap."
" The area's history of sightings goes back more than two centuries. Some accounts gave it bat wings, others horns, a... a tail. And, uh, oh, yeah, a horse's head."
Dean said" The sketch looks like more like a Chewbacca head."
Bobby said" Sounds kind of mixed up."
" Yeah, kind of like it should be fighting a Japanese robot."
Sam said" Well, mixed up or not, it sounds like it might just have a body count."
" Camping high season harshed by human burrito?"
" Yeah. Something hung a camper up in a tree, then ate him alive right through his sleeping bag. His wife hasn't been seen, either. Plus, there have been four other missing persons reported in the last three weeks. State troopers, get this, are saying it's a rogue bear."
Dean said" Yeah, of course, when was the last time you saw a bear string up its own piñata?"
Bobby said" Something's out there in the woods. Hey, we're going honest to goodness wilderness hunting. I haven't used my 30-30 in a while."
" Okay, Davey Crockett, well, safari's gonna have to wait till tomorrow and after our suit and tie dance. We'll make sure this is not just some backwoods crackhead who likes to roll glampers."
" What the hell's a glamper?"
" Sam?" Sam looked at me,
I said" Uh-uh, all you."
Sam said" High end camper. Tv, ac, wifi. Back to nature, zero inconvenience."
Bobby said" That's idiotic."
" Yeah. Some people just don't know how to live."