Plane Rides and Wet Dreams

For the next week I made sure to keep myself busy enough so that Michael could never catch me alone. I also made a point to come to class right before I'd be late so there was no way he could sit next to me.

It hurt my early bird heart but it was worth it.

I admit that a part of me felt guilty for not even telling him why I was mad, but the other part didn't care because he's a lying man whore.

I could have ended up like Gabbie if I didn't have morals and self control.

Okay, maybe not quite like Gabbie because she got too attached way too fast, but my feelings would still be hurt to be blatantly lied to for a piece of ass.

"Okay, it looks like we're all here. Once we board this charter bus it will take us directly to the airport. We won't make any detours because you forgot your toothbrush so check right now and make sure you all have your tickets for the air plane and the show." Thomas spoke above the crowd of eighteen young adults with authority.

Everyone in this huddle starts checking their pockets and purses and once we all know we have our essentials we start loading the bus.

"Sophia!" Michaels familiar voice starts calling so I push towards the door faster.

"Sophia, for fucks sake talk to me!" Michael yells and I feel his hand latch onto my own and pull me towards him.

"Let go of me Michael Taylor!" I yell back, using his full name for emphasis.

He uses his superior strength to hold me in place.

"What the hell happened? You said you forgive me then the next thing I know I'm thrown to the curb." He argues, genuine concern showing on his face that I try to ignore.

"Let's just say I'm not falling for your Taylor Tactics anymore." I say spitefully and pull my hand away. Michael looks like something clicks in his mind, but I don't wait around for a response.

I run onto the bus and come face to face with Thomas whose studying my disgruntled features. "Sit with me," He offers.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Sit with me and take the window seat, he can't bother you if you do. I promise."

I look back at the door where Michael is boarding and quickly shimmy into the window seat beside Thomas.

The look of concern and protective nature on Thomas's face doesn't go unnoticed.

"Trouble in paradise?" Thomas asks once the bus is moving and I'm a safe distance away from Michael.

I run my hands through my hair, messing it up as I do to better portray my agitation.

"It's a forty-five minute drive to the airport, Professor, and I don't want to spend it talking about that oaf who is not my boyfriend, by the way." I can hear the sass in my own voice as I speak but I'm too flustered to care. "Just like you don't want to talk about your break up," I add.

"Fair enough." Thomas replies. "How about we talk about 'The Raven' instead?"

I look up to see a handsome grin on his face.

He knows that I love Edgar Allan Poe, and this shows that he remembers our first conversation. If he's trying to make me fall more in love with him then he's succeeding.

"If I recall you don't think the raven even existed do you?" Thomas asks and I have a huge smile on my face.

"Of course it didn't! The man fell asleep and dreamed the raven. It makes perfect sense if you think about it."