A Story and A promise

I pull into my parents drive way and the sudden stop wakes up Thomas who has been silently sleeping in the passenger seat for over an hour.

"We're here," I say softly, a yawn following soon after. I'm so freaking tired that it's a miracle I didn't kill us both on this drive.

"And where is here exactly?" Thomas asks as he stretches his long limbs.

"This is my parents house," I finally tell him and he damn near jumps out of his skin.

"I'm about to meet your parents? In sweat pants? Fuck Sophia that's not fair." He groans as he runs his hands over his face in disdain.

"They don't care what you're wearing, and they already know we're coming so let's go inside."

"Why are we here, though? It hardly feels like meeting your parents is the solution to our problem."

I know Thomas is probably angry now, but that's too bad. "It will make sense soon, now come on." I say forcefully to Thomas who complies by unbuckling himself and opening his door.

Thomas doesn't seem very eager as he steps out of the car, but he doesn't have much of a choice. As I open up the mahogany front door I see his back stiffen.

"I'm home dad," I call out into the empty foyer, my own voice echoing off of the ivory walls.

"In the den, sweetheart." He calls back so I grab Thomas's arm to lead him through the House. Thomas looks around my childhood home with big nervous eyes.

I told him my parents were well off but for some reason he still looks surprised.

"Hey," I say to my dad once I enter the den. He's sitting at his desk scribbling away on some documents. My father is a lawyer so he's probably working on a case from home.

"Hello, sir." Thomas says nervously as we stand in the entryway to the den. I stifle a laugh as my thirty-one year old Professor is reduced to a nervous teenager meeting his girlfriends dad for the first time.

"Hey baby doll," my dad says happily as he lifts his attention from his work. "Young man why don't you have a seat." My dad says as he addresses Thomas who looks like he could turn and run at any moment.

My mom told my dad about my older boyfriend the second I got done telling her about New-York (I left some details out though) so my dad knows. He's not that he's all that trilled about the age gap but he knows there's nothing he can do about it.

I called my dad after I called Fiona and told him that Thomas was struggling with drinking because I knew my dad would know how to get through to him more than I ever could. I just hope Thomas forgives me for selling him out.

I push Thomas into the room towards the chairs that are stationed opposite my father.

"Well I'm exhausted, I'm going to go lay down." I say suddenly and make a run for my bedroom before Thomas can object.

I'm so exhausted I barely even feel my head hit my pillow before I'm dead asleep.

***
Thomas POV:

Oh no what has she gotten me in to?

I sit as frozen as stone across from Sophia's father who looks to only be about fifteen years older than me. He's greying and wise looking with an air to him that makes him seem gentle and kind.

"So you're in love with my daughter then?" He asks me, not really a question but more of a statement.

I nod my head and swallow. "Yes sir, that's right."