Happy Family and Bundles of Joy

Thomas and I quickly redress, but he has to fish through my closet for one of his old shirts because the dress shirt he had been wearing before was a casualty in our erotic war.

I regret nothing.

I slip on a comfortable sweater and some faded old jeans, my feet taking warm refuge in a pair of UGGS. Thomas looks at me and grins. "You're going to be cold without a jacket."

I shake my head and lift up on my tip toes, kissing him lovingly on the lips.

"I won't be cold, I have my fiancé for warmth."

Thomas's breath hitches in his throat and his eyes close tightly, his heart beat sporadic.

"Say It again." He demands, his whole body tensing against mine.

I kiss him again, my tongue lingering against his, and my lips opting to nibble on his already ravaged bottom lip.

"You're my fiancé," I whisper softly. "I'm going to marry you, spend my life with you, grow old with you."

Thomas opens his eyes and searches my face with careful precision. His strong hand comes up and cups my face. I kiss his palm as he strokes my cheek and smile.

"One day I want a beautiful and crazy little girl, just like you." He admits. I smile in earnest up into Thomas's blue eyes and sigh peacefully.

"I want to give that to you."

***

He holds my hand during the entire car ride, his firm thumb drawing circles against my soft palm. I smile over at him, but he's busy watching the road, a perfect smile etched on his swollen lips.

Was I really so rough with them? I must have been.

Thomas's thumb starts to run along the length of my ring finger, stopping to caress the meaningful ring that decorates it.

"How long have you been wearing this?" He asks me, his voice a sweet sound, almost like thick honey. He doesn't look at me, but I can tell that he wants to.

"I put it on the moment I left your office," I admit, my cheeks burning red as I tell him the embarrassing truth.

"I think my heart always knew that you didn't do anything wrong, even when my head wasn't so sure."

I sill feel so guilty that I didn't listen to Thomas, I know that I reacted how most people would have given the information available, but in the end I just robbed myself of eight months of fantastic sex, and unconditional love.

"I wish I'd have seen it. I wish I'd have looked when I saw you in the halls. Seeing that on your finger would have kept me going on the days I wasn't sure I could even get out of bed." Thomas glances over at me and sees the pain on my face.

"But it doesn't matter now," he continues for my sake "All that matters now is that we have each other, Sophia. You have all of me, and I'll be the best husband anyone could ask for."

My heart flutters at his words and I lean over the center console to rest my head on his shoulder. Nothing has ever felt so absolutely right than this moment here with Thomas.

We pull up to the hospital and make our way to room 203 where a small crowd has formed to await Fiona and Isaacs bundle of Joy.

Isaacs parents have arrived along with Fiona's mother who looks rather posed off, and to my absolute astonishment my parents are here too.

"There you are, sweet heart." My Mom says as she hands her cup of coffee to my father so that she can hug me.

"who told you guys?" I ask in astonishment as I embrace my parents.