Truth and Heartfelt Lies

A bathing suit was obviously not on my packing list when I was getting ready for this trip, but I know the hotel store should be selling some.

Everyone is off buying stuff for the party or getting ready so I run to the shop to pick up something decent to swim in.

Slim Pickens is the phrase that would best describe this hotels swimwear section.

My options are either village bicycle or nun, and honestly it's a much harder decision than one might think.

The very pretty teal two piece barely covers my butt cheeks and nipples but the black one piece flattens my curves and makes me look like a gender confused prepubescent boy.

"Is this really all you have?" I ask the sales associate whose slumped against a rack of sports bras.

"I mean, yeah. It's kind of like... snowing outside so..." she pops her gum at the end of her response and I suddenly want to beat her with an encyclopedia

"Alright, Well then I'll take this one," I say as I hold up the teal bikini.

"Awesome," she responds painfully unenthusiastically and leads me to the registers.

I buy my waterproof lingerie, and scurry up to my room to put it on, fighting the overwhelming urge to stay home instead all the while.

"Ohhh no, what have I done?" I cringe as I glare at my full butt spilling from either side of the bottoms.

My cleavage looks like I'm on bay watch which is impressive since I have a very modest chest.

Eventually I decide to suck it up. This is what every girl wears to swim in now a days anyhow.

I pull my night shorts and a t-shirt over my swimming suit for temporary coverage.

With a towel in hand I head down to the pool which is already bustling with the sounds of gossip and tipsy laughter.

I walk in and see Michael sitting with a group of guys who are each holding a beer in both hands.

"You know you only have one mouth right?" I tease as I walk over to where he is and kick off my shoes.

"Well if it isn't little miss fashionably late, I was wondering when you'd get here." Michael responds, taking a sip from one of his bottles.

"I had to find something to swim in since I wasn't prepared for a pool party in the middle of a snow storm.

"Fair enough," Michael responds and offers me one of his beers but I decline, walking a few paces to dip my foot in the water.

"I'm not really a beer fan, but I'm definitely here for this heated water."

Shivers of anticipation prick at my skin as I imagine the warm water encasing my body.

Well, here goes nothing I think as I emotionally prepare to expose myself.

I walk to a lounge chair and start stripping from my clothes. I shimmy out of my shorts and then discard my shirt near my towel. I try to embrace body positivity, but in such trying moments I can't help but feel like a frumpy toad in a G-string.

Whistling and cooing suddenly fills my ears and my head looks in the direction of the noise to find Kimberly and her boyfriend sitting in the water, looking at me.

"Lookin' Good Sophie!" Kimberly calls and I can't help but blush.

"Thanks, I call this look the 'only thing they had left'." I joke, my nerves starting to settle.

That is until I look over at Michael who has his whole bottom lip between his teeth and is sitting awkwardly cross legged.

"Are you okay?" I ask innocently.