Snow Blizzards and White Sheets

I couldn't tell you what time it is if I wanted to. I'm sitting in a warm paradise, wrapped in cotton sheets and tangled in burning skin.

Thomas is behind me, his arms draped over my shoulders. He's holding me against his chest as though if he released me this moment would vanish from our memories.

His legs are an either side of mine, neither of us wearing an ounce of clothing.

I draw delicate circles on his arms, intoxicated by this moment. This is purgatory. We're hanging between recovering from one round of sexual exploration, and preparing for another.

If it were possible I'd never let him exist anywhere else but inside of me. The feeling I get as soon as he penetrates my body is pure ecstasy, and I'm high on loving him.

"What are you thinking about?" Thomas asks me, whispering softly in my ear, his chin resting in the nook of my neck.

I smile and kiss his arm as it rests on my chest.

"I'm thinking that I could never be happier than I am in this moment with you."

Thomas kisses a soft wet trail from the base of
my ear to the edge of my shoulder. His hold releases just enough so that I can move my head and give him better access to my skin.

The question what's after this? lingers in the air, but for now we blissfully ignore it.

"Sophia Lane.." Thomas purrs my name against my shoulder, and it feels good to hear both names from his mouth.

"You were made for me, darling," he adds and I grip his arms tighter around myself in response.

Thomas leans back until his head collides with a pillow, and I fall back with him.

I turn over so that I'm facing him, our chests pressed firmly together now.

I move some hair off of his forehead and grin. "When I first saw you your hair was so much shorter,"

"Yeah, that haircut was a mistake," he responds laughing and runs his fingertips down my back.

"Tell me what you were thinking the first time you saw me," I prompt Thomas and he blushes, biting his cheek.

"Don't make me answer that, darling. It's embarrassing." I giggle at his sudden coyness.

"No, I definitely have to know now." I tease him. "Fine." He gives in, but first he rolls us over so he's on top of me.

I settle in comfortably between the sheets and his warm body as it smooshes me.

He loves the control he has on my body, but I love it more.

"Well, I remember I woke up that morning unbelievably excited. It was my very first day at this university and it almost didn't feel real. I got to campus and it felt like there was a target on my back. Apparently there's something arousing about a professor whose under forty, and I was desirable number one."

I roll my eyes, unwarranted jealousy stirring up slightly in my stomach.

Thomas grins at me, amused, and keeps going.

"But I figured, whatever, I can't be swayed by these teenagers. I get to my class room to prepare, thinking I have plenty of time when suddenly you walk in, fifteen minutes early!"

"Yeaaahhh.." I admit.

"I look up to see who has come in, and I see you and honestly I felt really nervous and sick because I began questioning my own resolve. You were too beautiful to be real. But I thought you know what? It's fine. She's probably just some stereotypical hot girl who can barely write a proper sentence, much less a full book report. I'll be fine. Boy was I wrong."