>10<

Annabeth's POV

"Just leave me alone, Castellan." I heard someone growl as I turned the corner. I looked up from my music and what I saw pissed me off.

It was Luke Castellan holding Jackson against the lockers while the dickhead's cronies watched, laughing. A crowd of people had gathered. I had to remind myself that I couldn't send anyone to the hospital, so I needed to cool it a bit. I watched the scene a little longer.

"What? Little Percy can't handle it?" Luke asked. He slammed Percy into the lockers again.

"Just fuck off, Luke." Percy said.

"Now why would I want to do that?" He asked mockingly, shoving Percy again.

"Because," I stepped forward, and felt everyone's attention shift to me. A look of fear passed over Castellan's friends' faces. "I'll kick your ass. Again."

A few people snickered at that. Luke didn't find it very funny. "Oh look. You're little girlfriend's here to save the day." Luke mocked Percy and slammed him again.

"I'm not his girlfriend. Number one, and number two, let him the fuck go. Now." My words were laced with authority and firmness, making myself sound dangerous. It was a trick I picked up a while back, in middle school.

"What if said, 'no'?" He asked, still keeping Jackson in his grasp.

"Then I'd think that you're a real fucking dumbass because clearly, you didn't learn your lesson the first time." I stepped closer and pulled Luke away from Percy. Percy seemed to sigh in relief.

Luke scowled at me. "You really are a bitch." He surged forward to push me against the lockers. I waited until the last second to side step, throwing him off. He ran into the lockers with a painful thud.

"Nice try, asshat." I taunted.

Luke turned to face me. He slowly walked forward, and on instinct I stepped back. "You really are embarrassing your little boyfriend over there. He should be able to fight is own battles." Luke kept rambling as he walked closer, cornering me to the lockers. I looked over to Percy. He was being held back by Luke's cronies, struggling to get out of their grasp.

I swear. Everything I do goes to shit all the time. I rolled my eyes, but kept them on Luke.

He was now inches from my face, and I had backed into the lockers completely. He placed his hands on either side of my head, leaning on the lockers. He started to lean in, a hungry look in his eyes. I realized what this was and thought one thing;

Oh fuck no.

He leaned in to kiss me, and I did the only thing that came to mind; I brought my knee up and hit him right in the crotch. He immediately fell to the floor, grabbing his soft spot. His cronies momentarily forgot about Percy and rushed to help their leader. Percy smirked as I walked over to him, away from Luke.

Castellan's friends picked him up and hauled him away, the crowd parting for them. Everybody stayed silent.

"This isn't over!" Luke yelled.

"Alright. Show's over! Get outta her!" I yelled. Everyone quickly scrambled away. The hallways quickly emptied, for the bell had already rang. I turned and was met with sea green eyes.

I took this moment to finally look at his face. His left eye was black and blue. His lip was swollen, and his right cheekbone was bruised, along with his right temple.

"I can handle myself, you know." He mumbled, going to pick up his backpack.

"Clearly not. And I'm not playing this game with you. So don't." I said.