>50<

EPILOGUE

Annabeth's POV

"So, pizza for dinner?" Percy asked me as we walked hand in hand down the street back to our apartment. It was 3 years after graduation. Percy was now a junior at UCLA, and he was doing amazing. In early August/late July after graduation, Percy and I bought an apartment (with some help) and moved out to California. You'd think that after almost 4 years of dating someone, I'd get bored, but it was different with Percy. I never got bored—it was like things were always new, like we were only just starting the journey, and had a long path to go. But I liked it that way.

"Sounds good," I agreed.

"And Netflix?"

"Yup."

"Okay." Percy smiled down at me and pecked a kiss to my head. I laughed.

><•><

"My period is like 4 days late." I walked into the kitchen, across from Percy where he was getting water. Normally, I never really paid attention to my period. It always came, I dealt with it, and it was over. And I never kept track of whether it was perfectly on time, but this was starting to go a little fatter than usual.

"You don't think...?" Percy trailed off.

"I mean, no, I-I couldn't be," I said.

"I mean, probably not," Percy shrugged, a silence settling over us. "You wanna check?"

"Yeah let's check," I agreed.

We went into the bathroom, Percy standing in the doorway. He stood with an eager expression that kind of made me worry. What if I was pregnant? Would Percy leave me? I prayed to every god of every religion that I wasn't because we weren't really ready for a baby. We weren't even engaged yet. Things had been pretty hectic lately, because we were planning on buying a house soon and Percy was getting crammed with college work.

I exhaled. "Okay, so we need a plan," I said.

"Yes." Percy nodded. "So if you're not pregnant,"

"Life goes on as usual, nothing changes," I finished, then paused. "But if I am..." I trailed off, waiting to see what Percy would say.

"Then, we're having a baby," He chuckled before biting his lip. I breathed an 'okay' of relief. So Percy wasn't going to leave me if I was pregnant, and that gave me some serenity.

I bent down and began to dig through the cabinet under the sink. It took a few minutes, but I found the box. I pulled it out and closed the door. "Okay, here it is." I was tense.

"It's probably nothing. But either way, we're gonna be fine," Percy said, consoling me and rubbing my arms.

"Yeah," I nodded. "We're gonna be fine." I took out a test, reading the back of the box. "One line means negative, two lines means positive," I read aloud. "I don't have to pee, though." I looked up at Percy.

"Hold on." He left the doorway and returned with a cup of water. "Here," he said, handing it to me. Then he turned on the sink, letting the water run. I drank the water he gave me. "Is it working?"