>14<

Percy's POV

The rest of the week went by quickly, Chase and I pulling pranks on each other back and forth. Well, it was really Leo and me and against Chase. I have to admit, without Valdez, I would've run out of ideas much sooner.

And that brings me to my main point; we're running out of ideas.

But the biggest problem with that is, is that Chase... she-she.... she wins.

And that is not how things were supposed to work considering the fact that I declared this war. I sighed as I walked back to my locker, when Leo fell in step next to me.

"Any ideas?"

"I tried-I really did. But I got nothing." I said.

"Damnit, Jackson! You're the leader-as I've come to accept, despite the fact that I really should be in charge-I'm just the help!" He exclaimed.

"I'm sorry!" I sighed. "She's gonna win." I said miserably.

Leo sighed. "Yeah she is. And she's never gonna let you forget it." He turned and smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes and exhales through my nose, realizing he's right.

"But I have a feeling you don't want her to let you forget it." He smirked and nudged me.

"What?" I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Because that means you get to spend time with her." His smirk got wider and his elbow hit my side again.

I scoffed. "Yeah right."

"'Yeah right.'" Leo mocked me, making a stupid face.

"Shut up, Valdez." I narrowed my eyes at him. He just laughed.

"You wanna hang out today?" He asked when we reached my locker. Some time away from Gabe would be nice. He beat me twice last night, because my mom had to work the night shift.

"Why the hell not?" I shrugged.

"Unless you have other plans." Leo wiggles his eyebrows.

"You're making me reconsider my decision." He laughed. "And besides, what ever happens with her in the next hour will be enough to last me the rest of my life."

"Oh please. You can't get enough of her." Leo nudged me again.

"Ow! Dude, you gotta stop that." I laughed.

"Alright. Meet here after school?"

"Damnit, I have detention."

"It's cool. I have to run and do something real quick, and then, I'll be back to pick you up." Leo suggested.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." He waved his hand.

"Alright. See you, Valdez." I saluted.

"Adios, amigo!" And with that, he pranced down the hallway. I shook my head and laughed a little.

Just then, Chase walked by. She looked at me and stopped. "You have something to tell me, don't you?"

"Wha-" I started, perplexed at how she knew.

"Just what is it? Save the bafflement for later."

"Well, uh... you know this whole, 'prank war' thing?" I began with a nervous laugh.

"You and you're Latino elf sidekick are running out of ideas aren't you?" She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Kinda."