>43<

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth, what is that?" Piper gave a pointed look at my neck. I pulled up the color of my leather jacket—I knew what she was looking at. Before, Percy had given me a hickey... again.

"What's what?" I asked.

"That," she pointed. "On your neck, you just covered it." She squinted at me skeptically.

"There's nothing... I don't know what you're talking about." I played it off.

"Nope, there was something there," Jason added, shooting me a smirk. I glared at him. He always had to nag me in some way.

"No... I agree with Piper and Jason on this one, Annie," Leo added.

"Don't call me 'Annie.'" I glared at him, making him shrink back a bit.

"Fine, but there's still something—"

"Fine!" I said, slamming down my water bottle. "It's a hickey. From Percy. Is that what you wanted to here?" I asked. Percy turned bright red next to me, and I felt a bit bad about embarrassing him, but there had been plenty of times when I caught Piper with a love bite.

Leo started laughing. Jason and Piper snickered. Calypso rolled her eyes and Reyna sat quietly, continuing to eat her lunch. Nico turned the slightest shade of red, and Will did the same as Reyna. Hazel turned the deepest shade of red I had ever seen, as did Frank.

"But, the thing is, you didn't have that this morning when you came in..." Piper raised an eyebrow at me.

"Okay, fuck you—" I started.

"You mean, Percy fucked you in the janitors' closet? What did I tell you guys!?" Leo turned and exclaimed at Piper and Jason. Piper handed him a $20 bill.

"You bet on us!?" I looked at them angrily.

"What the fuck, guys!" Percy added.

"Just leave them alone, you three," Hazel defended. "What they do is their business."

"Thank you," I smiled at Hazel. She winked.

"At least tell us you were safe—"

"All right! That's it, we're leaving!" I went to stand up but Percy pulled me back into my seat.

"In the end, we're really the ones who come out on top, because we still managed to do it in school," he mumbled to me, making me laugh and chuckling himself.

"What was that?" Jason asked.

"Shut it, Grace." I snarled.

"Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Will," Percy started. "You are all officially my favorite friends," He announced.

"We're just teasing," Jason said.

"Wait, what about Nico?" Hazel asked. "He didn't do anything, Percy."

"It's fine. I don't want to be Percy's favorite." Nico looked up from his lunch. A few of the group laughed, including myself.

"You should really be more... friendly, you know?" Will nudged Nico.

"But you told me to be myself." Nico pointed out.

"Exactly."

"I can't do both," Nico protested, earning the laughs of the group. Will rolled his eyes.

"And there's the bell," Reyna reminded us as the bell rang throughout the cafeteria.

I packed up the small amount of things I had and threw out my garbage. "Alright, what class do I have now?" I wondered aloud.