>37<

Percy's POV

"It is March 23, isn't this white shit supposed to clear up? You know, in like a lion, out like a lamb, and all that shit?" Annabeth asked with a scowl.

"This 'white shit' is snow. And yes." I said.

"Winter is taking too long." Annabeth complained as we trudged through the snow to my car.

"Yep, it always seems to." I mumbled as I tried not to slip.

"Now, in San Francisco, we didn't have this issue." Annabeth grumbled as she stared at her feet, trying not to fall as well.

"I could imagine." I came across an icy patch. "Careful." I warned Annabeth and grabbed her hand, helping her. She latched onto my arm as she slipped, almost falling. I was able to steady her, despite the limp warm feeling my arm got from her hold.

"Exactly what I mean." She said through gritted teeth. She sniffled, which was adorable. Her nose was red, along with her cheeks from the cold air. She was wearing a beanie over her wild curls, and I had to stop myself from staring at her throughout the day. "Why did you park so far away again?"

"There weren't any other spots," I shrugged. Annabeth shivered. "You're cold." She had only been wearing a zip up hoodie, and it was freezing outside.

"No I'm not."

"Then why did you shiver?"

"Because of the tag in my shirt."

"Then why are your teeth chattering?"

"Habit."

"Lies!" I insisted. "What did I tell you last night?"

"I'm fine, Percy." She kept walking. "It's not a big dea—" Annabeth fell. I immediately tried to grab her, but I was too late. I tried to pull her up, but started slipping. She let go of my hands, telling me to hold on. She sighed before she started laughing. I stared laughing as well, not being able to help myself. She looked so gorgeous. Her smile was brighter than the sun reflecting on the snow.

"Here," I reached out my hands, being sturdier now. She took them and I pulled her up. "Alright, let's try to stay on our feet."

"Shut up, Asshole." She smiled and gently shoved me. I chuckled, and felt the heat rise in my cheeks. I hoped Annabeth hadn't noticed.

When we finally made it to my car, Annabeth grabbed the car door handle and said, "Three fucking million years later."

I quickly went to the passenger side and we got in. I turned the heat all the way up, and I sighed. "Here," My words were breathy as I turned the vent towards Annabeth. She mumbled a thanks.

She plugged in the aux cord to her phone.

Switching into airplane mode again
We're not all right but I'll pretend
Press my cheek against the glass
Just be good 'till I get back

><•><

"Let's have a snowball fight." I suggested. We were hanging out in Annabeth's room.

"No."

"Why?" I taunted. "Scared to lose, Chase?" I teased her.

"Please, I would whoop your ass in a snowball fight." She said smugly.

"Really? Then let's go." I smirked at her.

"I see what you're doing." She started, giving me a steely stare. "And it's working." She jumped up and pulled on her boots. I followed in suit, both of us rushing down the stairs.