>17<

Percy's POV

All you sinners stand up sing hallelujah
Show praise with your body stand up sing hallelujah
And if you can't stop shaking lean back let it move right through ya
Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers

I winced as Annabeth dabbed at a gash on my face.

"Don't move!" She pestered, still prodding her rag at my face.

I groaned in response.

"Hey. I could've said, 'tough luck, Asshole. Bye!' And left you there to go back home to him. But did I?" She raised her eyebrows at me. "No. So stop complaining that I'm pampering you." She went back to cleaning my face.

I realized she was right. I actually was extremely grateful for Annabeth, and that she had taken me in, but it would be a cold day in hell when I admitted that. I just sat there glumly.

After a few more minutes, she leaned back in her chair to examine my face. "I was able to clean up most of that. Take of your shirt."

"Excuse me?"

"Not how I meant it." She glared at me. I just smirked.

"Lay flat on your back." My smirk grew. "Oh shut it, Asshole!" She retorted, pushing me back on her bed. "If you weren't already injured, I'd slap you." Chase muttered. She grabbed two bags of ice and placed them on my eye and my lip, covering my face.

"I'm really that ugly?" I asked.

"Yes." She laughed. "Now stop talking, the ice needs to stay put!" She crawled over to my side, to clean a cut that was on the left of my abdomen. She was about to go to work when she realized that the white rag had been turned pink with blood. She sighed as she got up. "I'll go rinse this."

While she was in her bathroom, I looked around as much as I could. Annabeth's room wasn't extremely messy like I'd expect—a few small piles of clothes here and there, papers strewn across the desk, but other than that, it was pretty clean.

Her walls were grey, and her furniture was white. She had a big dresser against the wall to the right of the bed, the top of it adorned with trophies from various sports—surfing, volleyball, softball, basketball, a few soccer, and even a football one. No wonder she was in such great shape.

She walked back out of the bathroom, and the rag was white again. Chase crawled back to my side on the bed.

"How'd you get all the blood out?"

"Being a girl has its perks." Was all she said, keeping her eyes on the cut while she cleaned it.

"Ow!" I winced.

"Oh, don't be a baby." She waved me off. "It's only some peroxide. It's cleaning the cut." We both watched as the gash bubbled.

"What the fuck..." my voice trailed off.

"That means the bacteria and all the nasty shit is being cleaned out. That's a good thing." She watched until the bubbles stopped.

The song 'Broken Home' by 5sos started to play. "We're gonna skip that." Annabeth quickly skipped to the next song on the playlist. We both chuckled a little, though we really shouldn't have.

After a few moments of silence and stinging, I got curious. "How do you know what to do for all of these cuts?"

"Well, I was quite the daredevil as a child—always getting some sort of injury. Though, surprisingly, the only bone I ever broke was my elbow when I was seven. That hurt like a bitch, but I guess I deserved it, considering I pushed that kid off the play set first." She told the story, making me laugh. "But also, skating is not the safest sport." She added.