Forget you?

Alternate reunion scene in Mark of Athena. I LOVE the original but this is something a little less dramatic than that one

Annabeth's POV

We are finally here, in New Rome as Jason calls it. I'm nervous, not only because we are hovering above a bunch of Romans, but also because Percy is somewhere down there with them. I don't show it though, the rest of the team needs someone to be in control. Somehow that is always me. 

What if he doesn't remember me? I can't afford to think like that though so I push it out of my head. I look over the edge of the Argo II and see the crowd gathered below. we all disembark down the ladder and I'm searching in vain for just a glimpse of him. Suddenly I see a flash of black and instantly I know it's him. He's talking to a pair of teenagers, a tall Asian guy and a much smaller and younger African American girl. His back is to me. I find myself full of anger and start stomping towards him. The Romans seem to feel my rage as they're all slinking away as I make my way to the trio. The two kids he is talking too are looking at me with wide eyes. 

"What are you guys staring at?" I hear him ask. I stop about 5 feet behind him and cross my arms before speaking.

"Perseus Jackson." 

Percy's POV

I'm chatting with Hazel and Frank when I see their eyes go wide at something behind me. 

"What are you guys staring at?" I ask them and then I hear a voice say my name. 

"Perseus Jackson." 

I smile because I know that voice.I turn around and there she is. The most beautiful girl in the world. Oh, crap. She's giving me that look. She's really mad.  I give her my lopsided grin and and I see her eyes melt just a smidge. I close the gap between us, expecting a hug. I'm taken aback when she punches me in the arm instead. Hard. 

"You idiot! Getting yourself kidnapped! Do you know what's everyone has been through trying to find you?! And your MOTHER! You couldn't have------" I cut her off by grabbing her face and smashing my lips on hers. I kiss her like I've never kissed her before. She kissed me back, wrapping her arms around my neck and stepping closer so that her body is pressed up against mine. I move my hands down to her waist and we both have to pull apart to breath. I can feel the eyes of the Romans on us but I don't care. All i'm focused on are the gray eyes staring into mine. 

"So I take it that you remember me?" Annabeth asks breathlessly. 

"Wise girl, I never forgot you." I whisper back.  

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G