Like Home

Where the Styx is it? I rummage through the admittedly massive pile of clothes on my bedroom floor but it's nowhere to be found.

"Annabeth, have you seen my swim team hoodie?" I call out the door. No answer. Of course. I look through my overflowing hamper but it's not in there either. Sighing, I leave my room and find Annabeth lying on the couch, her nose in a book. That's why she didn't answer me. I bend down and shove my face into her view. This is a dangerous move, but I really need that sweatshirt.

"Have you seen my swim team hoodie?" I ask her, knowing that I still might not get a response. Her eyes never leave the book but she does speak.

"No."

I groan and stand up. I look down at her and low and behold, she's wearing it. I shake my head, she's always stealing my clothes.

"Are you sure you haven't seen it?" I double check. The more I ask, the more irritated she is going to get with me interrupting her reading. She flops the book down and narrows her eyes at me.

"100% sure." She claims. I smirk and point to her chest. She looks down and realizes it's the one I'm looking for.

"Oh." Is all she says and she picks her book back up.

"Annabeth! I need it back!" I say, tugging at her book. If I wasn't really desperate, I wouldn't be attempting this.

"Percy! Give me back the book!" Annabeth complains as I hold it above my head. She jumps off the sofa and glares at me.

"I'll trade you the hoodie for the book." I negotiate with her. She crosses her arms across her chest and pouts. Holy Hades, does she look cute doing that.

"Fine." She grumbles and takes off the hoodie. To my pleasant surprise, she hadn't been wearing a shirt under it. She tosses the sweatshirt at me and stands in just her pajama bottoms and a bra.

"Now the book." She says, holding out her hand.

"Hmmm, maybe later." I say, tossing the book out of the living room. Her eyes narrow and she gives me a death stare. I just smirk and grab her hand, twirling her around. She squeals and falls back into my chest. I wrap my arms around her and rest my chin on her shoulder.

"Tell me, why do you always steal my things?" I whisper in her ear. I can't see her face but I can tell she's smiling. Her fingers are making patterns along my arm and I wait for her answer. She rotates so that we are face to face. I kiss the tip of her nose and she makes a point to wipe it off on my shirt.

"Because they smell like you, seaweed brain." She says, smiling up at me.

"What do I smell like, then?" I ask curiously. I hadn't expected that to be why, I figured she does it just to annoy me.

"Like home." She says quietly and we stand together silently. Annabeth rests her cheek on my chest and I kiss the top of her head. I glace up at the clock and mentally smack myself.

"I hate to ruin this moment, but I'm going to be late for practice if I don't leave now." I say, leaning back to look at her.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Annabeth says and I laugh because she's right. She reaches up and gives me a quick kiss and then leaves the living room, I presume to go find something else of mine to steal. I shrug on my AHS swim team sweatshirt and I get a whiff of Annabeth's lemon shampoo. I see what she means about enjoying wearing my things now. I'm more relaxed just catching her scent.

"Love you!" I call through the apartment as I grab my backpack and sprint out the door. I really am going to be late now.

I am literally 100% here for Annabeth having ridiculously good fashion sense despite not being a girly girl. Sorry that has nothing to do with this one-shot but I needed to say itttt. Ignore me.

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G