I Take It Back

"Please, Percy? Please please please?"

I look down knowing that as soon as I see her cute little face, I won't be able to say no. Her large blue eyes are widened and I can't believe that at the age of 5, she's perfected the puppy dog eyes. I have to remember to thank Annabeth for teaching her that one. Her blonde hair is pulled up in pigtails and in her outstretched hand, is a bottle of blue nail polish.

"At least you got my favorite color right." I sigh. She smiles widely and climbs up onto the bar stool to sit next to me. She's not quite tall enough to reach the table sitting on her butt, so she has to sit on her knees. I scoot the chair in closer to ensure that she won't fall.

"Which hand should I start with?" Estelle asks in her high pitched voice and I stick out my left hand. I still need my right hand to finish eating. She gets to work, taking her time to delicately paint my nails. Mine are a lot larger than her own, so it takes her longer. Like our mother, she's a perfectionist and so she has to make sure not to get any on my finger.

She's almost done with my left hand when the front door opens and Annabeth comes in. Her face lights up in amusement when she spots what I'm being subjected too.

"Oh my gods. What did you do to your brother?" She asks Estelle, who smirks at her. She absolutely did NOT get that from me.

"I'm making him fabulous! Like me." Estelle answers, concentration all over her face. Her self confidence is heart warming.

"Jokes on you, I was already fabulous." I tell her, flipping my imaginary long hair. She giggles and Annabeth smiles at me lovingly. This happens every time Estelle comes over. Not necessarily me getting my nails painted, but I usually get suckered into doing something 'girly'. There's a photo somewhere of Estelle and I dressed up as princesses. I had to do a lot of begging to keep Annabeth from sending that to all of our friends. I'm still not convinced she didn't.

"Ok, give me your other hand." Estelle says bossily and I oblige. Annabeth goes off presumably to do some work on whatever statue the gods want next and I wait for Estelle to finish my right hand.

"All finished!" Estelle announces about 10 minutes later. I look down to admire her handiwork. It's surprisingly good for a 5 year old.

"Wow, thank you! You know how much I love blue." I tell her, kissing the top of her head.

"Percy?"

"Yes?"

"Are you and Annabeth gonna get married and have babies?" My sister asks. I blink. That was not what I was expecting her to ask. She's always been very observant but I never realized she picked up so much on Annabeth and I's relationship.

"Of course, silly girl." I tell her.

"Does that mean Annabeth will be my big sister?" Estelle asks.

"Yes. Would you like that?" I ask her. She thinks about it for a moment before nodding.

"I think she'd be a fun big sister." She decides. I glance at the clock and see that it's almost 5.

"Mom is going to be here soon, go gather up your stuff and get your shoes on!" I say, picking her up easily and depositing her on the floor. She rushes off and I clean up the table from our snack. Someone knocks on the door and I go to open it.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you can just come in when Estelle is here?" I remind my mother.

"I'm still getting used to you having your own apartment!" My mom says. Estelle comes running in with her too big backpack on and her shoes on the wrong feet.

"You used to do the same thing." My mom tells me, shaking her head as she leans down to help Estelle switch shoes.

"Percy let me paint his nails and he says that Annabeth is going to be my big sister. Isn't that so cool?" She tells Mom excitedly.

"That is very cool! You're so lucky to have such a nice big brother." My mom agrees, giving me a look. She helps Estelle get ready to go and then she kisses my cheek.

"Thank you for hanging with your sister today. Tell Annabeth I say hello. Love you!" She says and Estelle hugs my legs. I wave to the both of them and then they're out the door. The apartment is so much quieter now and I go looking for Annabeth. She's hunched over her desk, a pencil stuck behind her ear. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and rest my chin on her head. She sighs and leans back into me.

"What are you working on?" I ask her.

"I need to add the finishing touches on this presentation for school but it's not coming along the way I want it too." She huffs and I can tell she's frustrated.

"Hey." I say and she tilts her head back to look up at me.

"I love you." I tell her and manage to get a smile. She looks back down at her many unfinished projects and we stay still for a minute.

"I heard you talking to Estelle." She says, breaking the silence.

"Oh?"

"You really want to get married and have babies?" She asks, looking up at me again.

"Of course, silly girl." I repeat what I'd told Estelle and she rolls her eyes.

"Be serious, Percy. Do you see that kind of future for us?" Annabeth asks, wheeling around in her chair, forcing me to step back. I crouch down so that I'm on the same level as her knees and look her in the eye.

"Of course I do. We can have as many babies we want, 5 or 6." I say.

"How about we start with just 1." She smiles, holding up one finger.

"Are you trying to tell me something, wise girl?" I mock. Her smile grows wider.

"Wait, what? Are you....?" I sputter. I'm not ready to be a dad!?

"No! But I got you good!" She laughs loudly. I groan and fall facedown on the floor.

"You're going to kill me one of these days." I say, my voice muffled.

"You love me." She says, poking me with her foot.

"I take it back." I tell her.

Just some fluff to make your Friday even better!

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXO,

G