Year 0 - Harry's letter

Today is Dudleys birthday. I'm thinking of how many presents he will have this year. Last year he had 37 gifts and he broke them al within a month. I always hated this day. He was always so ungrateful, well he was that every day but on his birthday it was even worse. He never had enough, I would already be happy if they even remembered the right date.

I get up from my 'bed'. I sleep under the sink in the kitchen and my brother sleeps under the staircase in a storage room. I quickly dress myself and start cooking. Aunt Petunia gets in followed by my brother.

"Don't get anything burned! Everything needs to be perfect for my little boy." she says.

Uncle Vernon comes in so Harry makes his coffee ready. And then finally Dudley enters and Aunt Petunia leads him blinded to his presents. When he sees them the first thing he asks is how many presents there are.

"36, I counted them myself" uncle says proud.

"36?! But last year I had 37!" Dudley yells.

"Yeah, but they're bigger then last year-" uncle stars.

"I don't care how big they are!" Dudley interrupts him.

"You know, this is what we are going to do. We go out and we buy you two new presents" aunt tries to hush him.

-----

Where at the reptile house now and Dudley is always yelling at the animals that they're to lame. He should see how lame he is. Harry is staring at a python and it suddenly starts moving. Dudley runs back and pushes my brother. I go to him and get him up. He looks angry at Dudley and then glass in gone. Dudley tumbles into the basin and the snake climbs out. He sizzles something to Harry and he sizzles something back.

"What did you do?" I ask shocked.

"I don't know" he answers confused.

Uncle Vernon and aunt Pentunia run over. But when the reach us, the glass is back and Dudley is trapped. Aunt Petunia starts screaming but uncle Vernon only looks suspicious at my brother and I.

When he got Dudley out, we drove directly home where he locked us up the moment we got there.

-----

A few days later Harry got a letter. But before he had the chance to open it uncle took it. I don't know what was in it but suddenly Harry and I had to move to Dudleys second room. Every day after that day there were at least 4 letters a day. So uncle made sure that they couldn't be delivered anymore but the letters where then just on the ground next to his care. And then one day, on a Sunday, there were thousands of letters. They came through the door and the chimney. Uncle became mad.

Now we are at some cottage, on a little island just of the coast. The Dursleys are sleeping. But tomorrow is Harry's eleventh birthday and we are stuck with them on an island while it's storming outside, so we are celebrating now.

Knock, knock. And the door fals down. Harry picks me up and we hide behind the wall. We can hear somebody come in with really loud footsteps.

"Hallo, Harry. I haven't seen you since you were a baby but I must say you have grown. Particular here in the middle." the stranger says to Dudley.

"I-I'm not H-Harry" he haws.

"I'm Harry' my brothers says while he steps forward.

"Ah, well of course you are. And where is you little sister?" the stranger asks.

"I'm here, sir" I say while I join my brother. That's the moment when I saw the biggest man in my life. He was taller than the door!

"Are you a giant?" that question slips out of my mouth before I could stop myself. I start to blush.

"Only from my mother's side" he answers with a friendly smile, so I smile back.

"Here, for you birthday Harry. I made it myself, I may have crushed it a little but it still will taste the same." he continues after a surprised thank you from my brother "It's not everyday a young boy turns 11, now is it?" He takes place in the seat who is obvious to smal for him, even he takes both the places. Then he magical turn on the fire, just with pointing at it with is pink umbrella.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Harry asks him.

"Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts. Of course you know all about Hogwarts." Hagrid explains.

"Sorry, no"

"No? Did you never wondered what your mom and dad learned you all?"

"Learned what?" my brother asks.

"You're a wizard, Harry, and litlle Darcy here is a witch. You're bloody good ones."

"You must have made a mistake. We can't be."

"Didn't you make anything happen, something you couldn't explain when you're angry or scared?" Hagrid looks at us with a while like he knows something we don't, but not in an arrogant way. No, more in a way of sympathy and joy. He gets up and orders Harry a letter. The same letter that came over and over again.

"Dear Mr. Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry." Harry begins to read.

"He will not be going at all! We have sworn we would stop all this rubbish!" uncle Vernon asserts.

"You knew! You knew and never told us?!" I yell. How could they?!

"Of course we knew. How could you not be. My perfect sister being who she was. My father was so proud when she got her letter, we had a witch in the family. Isn't that wonderful? But I was the only one to see her for what she was; a freak!" aunt Petunia exclaims bitterly. "And then she met the that Potter and then she had you. And I knew you would just be the same, just as strange, just as abnormal. And then if you please, she went and got herself blown up and we are lauded with you!"

"Blown up? You said they died in a car crash!" Harry yells. They have been lying to us all the time!

"A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?!" Hagrid is pissed of too, also I don't really know why.

"We had to say something" aunt Petunia says, like that is an excuse.

"It's a scandal!" He crys out.

"You're not taking him with you!" uncle Vernon proclaims.

"Ow, and I suppose a great muggle like yourself is going to stop me, are you?" Hagrid jeers and swings his umbrella. Dudley suddenly had a pig tail and it's all panic.

I can't stop myself from giggling, but when I see Hagrid and Harry leaving I run after them.

"Will I get a letter too?" I ask Hagrid.

"Next year, little Darcy." is his answer and then they leave.

-----

The whole year I had to wait impatient, but I got a letter from Harry every day about what he did that day and I couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts myself.