Year 2 - Hogsmeade

I'm afraid to read my mothers diary, afraid of what I will read. I never knew my mother or how she was. What if she wasn't what I expected she would be? What if she was as bad as aunt Petunia says she was? I take a deep breath and open it.

1/9/77

Today I went back to Hogwarts for my last year. I was so proud because I was made Head Girl and I thought that Remus, my previous prefect partner would have been the Head Boy. I was wrong, it turned out to be the arrogant James Potter. We have to share quarters, with separated dormitories of course. Before I went to my room he asked if we couldbe friends and I said yes, was that wrong?

I browse to some pages more in the middle.

3/1/78

I've been out for a few days, 4 to be correct. My friends and I went on a trip to Hogsmeade and got into a fight with Slytherins. Bellatrix cursed me and Sirius told me that it was Severus who did the countrecurse. I couldn't believe it. And today he even came to apologize for calling me a Mudblood two years ago.When he asked we could be friends again, I told him I had to think about it and then he called me a Mudblood again! I miss the friend I once had, but I know he is long gone.

I browse some further.

12/4/78

James lied to me, my own boyfriend. Well he held back something important about he and his Marauder's. Remus is a werewolf and Sirius, Peter and James are illegal Animagi. He could have told me, why did I have to found it out this way? They become the animals of their Patronus Charm. Sirius a dog, Peter a rat and James a stag. What should I do, he lied to me but I love him?

"Darcy, come on! The Quidditch match is about to start!' I hear Olivia call. I quickly put the diary away on a secret place and run down down to our common room.

"Ok, I'm ready to go." I say and we leave.

-----

It's raining really hard and there is a lot of wind, I almost understand why Slytherin made Draco act like his arm was hurting like hell. We can bearly see the players. Hufflepuff is better to discern because of their canary uniforms. But still, it is tough. We can see someone in a Gryffindor uniform fall down. It must be Harry, only Seekers go that high. Before he hits the ground, he hovers a little and then hits the ground. I run into the Pitch immediately, to see how Harry is doing.

 -----

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron remarkes.

"Peaky? How would you look after a 100 feet grop?" Hermione sneers back. I'll tell you this, those two can fight like an old married couple. It's funny, but sometimes it's just annoying.

"Probably a right sight better than he does normally." a frail voice comments.

"Harry, you're awake. God, we were worried! Who do you feel?" I ask.

"Oh, brilliant."

"You gave us a right good scare." Fred or George says, I never know who is who.

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"Well, you fell off your broom..." I explain.

"Really? I mean the match? Who won?" He asks.

"No one blames you, Harry." Hermione starts, not wanting to say Hufflepuff won, "Dementors aren't allowed on the schoolgrounds. Dumbledore is furious. After he saved you, he sent them off."

"There is someting else you should know too." Ron begins hesitating, "When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and you know how that ended last year. Well,.." he shows my brother what is left of his broom.