Year 2 - The House Cup

In the morning I walk sad to the Great Hall. I've told my friends everything and they understand I need some time to think. The dementors have given Sirius their kiss last night. Thinking about it makes my eyes go watery again. When I enter the Great Hall, Harry runs to me.

"We did it, Hermione and I. We helped him escape with Buckbeak. He's free!" Harry wispers exited.

"What? How?" I ask surprised.

"We used a time-turner to go back in time!" Harry explains enthusiastic what the did last night.

"Thank God." I say relieved.

"Who knows the truth?" Olivia asks.

"You three, Ron, Harry, I, Lupin and Dumbledore." Hermione responds, "The Ministry is furious because of these two failures, they're ashamed they let Black escape twice. Snape too, you know, he was promised the Order of Merlin. Now that Black escaped he gets nothing. He was so mad he told the Slytherins that Professor Lupin is a werewolf. Lupin resigns, he's packing right now."

"What?!" me and Harry say in union and run to Lupins office. We enter his office without knokking and see Lupin packing.

"Oh, I knew you would come." is the only thing he says, without looking at us.

"Why are you leaving? You're the best teacher we ever had for Defense Against the Dark Arts!" Harry cries out.

"Could be, but the parents of most students are not happy a werewolf teaches them. And they're right, what happened last night in the woods is way to dangerous. I coudn't live with it if I attacked someone." Lupin explains. "Now I'm no theacher anymore, I can give you this map back without being irresponsible. I think you're father would be disappointed if you wouldn't use the secret passages." he adds laughing.

"We will miss you, sir." I say and hug him.

"I'll miss you too." he resonds, hugging me back. "You two should go back to the Great Hall, you're missing breakfast."

-----

"Hermione could you help me? I don't really know what classes I should take." I ask Hermione. Luna, Olivia and I need to choose our new classes for next year. We need to choose at least two of the five choice; Arithmancy, Muggle Studies, Divination, Study of Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures.

"Let me see your score." we hand her our scores and when she sees mine she gasps, "You have an even higher scare then me? I really need to study harder. Well, I took all classes this year and personally I found everything intresting exept Divination. That's why I'm dropping it next year along with Muggle Studies. Muggle Studies is fun but because I live along the muggles, just like you, you already know almost everything about it. You can always try to do them all too and then choose at the end of next year what you want to continue."

"Thank you, I think I'll do that." I smile at her, then turn to my friends, "What are you going to do?"

"I think I'll take Studie of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies, Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures." Olivia answers.

"I take them too, they look the most intresting." Luna agrees.

"Can everybody go to their House table, please." Professor McGonagall asks, "It's time for the notification of the winner of the House Cup 1993-1994."

"On the fourth place with 371 point... Hufflepuff, on the third place with 405 points... Slytherin, on the second place with 468 points... Ravenclaw and on the first place with 473 points... Gryffindor!" Dubledore announces. All the Gryffindors start to cheer. We lost, with 5 points. I lost from my brother, again.

"At least we aren't on the fourth place like last year." Olivia says but I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

After dinner we pack everything, we're leaving tomorrow. Back home. In the morning we leave at 11 a.m., I'm sitting with my friends and my brother and his friends. I can't believe my second year is over already. Now my brother and I need to go back to the Dursley's. But Ron promises that we all can come lodge at their place when the Quidditch World Cup takes place, so we can go watch it all together. Ginny also want to do a girly sleepover with Olivia, Luna, Hermione and me. Ron feels
offended that he isn't allowed to come.

"Even if you wanted to do nail polish and face masks you wouldn't be welcome." Ginny responds and Ron makes a face of disgust.

"Hey, Potter. You lost your chance on revenge, I heared." Malfoy says when he opens the door of our compartment.

"Leave us alone, Malfoy." Olivia says.

"Do you now already have a slave to defend you?"

"Shut up, Malfoy, and go!" I say in a calm tone. He looks surprised, but he and his gang leave after making an other insulting note.

"Isn't it strange now you know who your godfather is?" Hermione asks.

"No, Sirius is fine. He's really friendly and everything." Harry answers.

"I actually ment Darcy's godfather."

"No, Lupin and Sirius told me on Christmas. He's really sweet if you get to know him." I say and Ron snorts. The remainder time of the ride was mostly quiet. When we enter King's Cross station, I immediately see the Dursley's. The look really irritated and disgust. Well uncle Vernon and aunt Patricia do, Dudley is just eating candy and cupcakes. I'm curious what they will say about what happened to aunt Marge.