Year 3 - Triwizard Tournament

The Weasley twins made an ageing potion. But it didn't turn out as they expected. Their hair turned white and grew a beard. Now they are wrangling who's fault it is. Pretty funny to see. Meanwhile, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, Angelina Johnson, Fleur Delacour and many others had put their name in the Goblet. Tonight is the night that the names of the Champions will be chosen. We all gather around in the Great Hall. Professor Dumbledore walks to the Goblet. 

"Let's start the Champion selection, the moment we've all waited for." the first piece of parchment flies out of the fire of the Goblet. "The Durmstrang Champion is Viktor Krum." There is a lot of cheering at the tribune of Durmstrang. Krum stands up and walks to the Champion room. Then the choosing ceremony goes on. "The Champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour. The Hogwarts Champion is, Cedric Diggory!" While Cedric goes to the Champion room, I stiffen. I see another piece of parchment coming out of the fire, and my brother's name is on it.

"Professor! Professor, I need to tell you something!" I yell when I run to him.

"It must wait, Mss Potter," Dumbledore appeases.

"But it's important!" I insist just on the moment a piece of parchment flies out of the Goblet. Dumbledore takes it and mutters my brother's name. "Harry Potter!" he yells and everything goes quiet. My brother comes closer, his face full of confusion and shock. Harry stumbles to the Champion room, followed by Professor McGonagall. "Come with me, Miss Potter," Dumbledore says, so Snape, Moody, Crouch and the heads of the other schools follow too. "Harry did you put your name in the Goblet?" my brother shakes his head, "Have you asked someone else to do it?"

"No, sir." my brother answers.

"He's lying!" Madame Maxime yells. "Everything is a conspiracy theory!"

"The hell he is! The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object." Moddy defends, "Only an exceptionally powerful wizard would be able to hoodwink it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year."

"We leave this to you, Barty. You make the decision." Dumbledore decides.

"The rules are clear. Mr Potter has no choice. There is no way back one is chosen, he is from now on a  Triwizard Champion."

"Potter, both of you, come with me. Minerva, Severus, Alistor, help me." Dumbledore says and we follow him to his office. He sits down and then looks to me, "How did you know? Because I suppose that is the important thing you needed to tell me, isn't it?"

I nod before I start explaining, "It started this summer. First with dreams, then it came whenever it wanted. I don't know how or why it just did."

"What exactly did you see?" he asks.

"Well, the first time I was dreaming about a train accident. The next day I saw the same train on television. I knew it was the same train because it had the same destination, had the same name and numbers on it. Then it became all kind of things, the letter from Mrs Weasley, a child that felt at the playground,.."

"Are there other unusual things you can do?"

"Well, last year I got really mad and splashed water on someones face without touching it. I learned myself how to control it, the water, the air, the fire,.. only earth I haven't succeeded to control yet. But I'm still practising."

"So the Prophecy is true." Snape says astonished.

"What Prophecy?" I ask curiously.

"It's nothing to worry about." McGonagall reassures me, "Go to your dorms, it's already late."

-----

I was a little late for breakfast because I woke up late, but I made it. My first class now is Defence Against the Dark Arts. I groan. I don't care how everybody loves Professor Moody but I found him creepy. Everybody loves his way of teaching, but I found it a little too much. Last time he showed us the three Unforgivable Curses. He did it just like that. He had no mercy for the poor spiders. It was awful!

 "Good. Today I will learn you how to repulse the curses we discussed last time. The best thing to do in a fight is to first attack and then disarm your opponent. Not only with the Unforgivable Curses, but in every sort of fight. That's why we first start with disarming this class and next class with attacking. The most used spell to disarm is the Disarming Charm, of course. A lot of wizards don't get the motion wrong or pronounce wrongly, so we will start with that one."

-----

"Look at this: Harry Potter, age 12, suspect entrant in the Triwizard Tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghosts of his past and choking back tears..." Olivia shows me the article of the Champions in the Daily Prophet.

"She should mind her own business, instead of ruining others life." Cho says annoyed, "I mean, she doesn't know anything. She makes things up, just to make people read it."

I stand up and make my way to the Gryffindor table to see if my brother is alright.

"You're ok?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Come on, we need to talk." Harry and I walk out of the Great Hall and find a quiet place to talk, "I spoke Sirius last night, through the fireplace. He says people are gonna die during this Tournament, what if he meant me? I mean, I'm the youngest of all the Champions, that make my odds the smallest."

"No, Harry. You have us to help you, me and your friends."

"Well, you can scratch the friends part. Ron is mad at me because I didn't tell him how I put my name in the cup. He won't hear it when I tell him I didn't do it."

"It will turn out, just give him some time. He is just mad that you get all the attention again. At home, he needs to share everything with his brother and here he walks in your shadow. It's hard for him, but I'm sure your friendship will lighten his mind."

"I hope he doesn't take too long to realize that..."