Year 1 - Darcy's letter

From the moment Harry came back he told me all the thinghs that happend in Hogwarts. He told them over and over again and I never got tired op listening to them. He told me about his friends, Ron and Hermione, he told me about the Sorting Hat, the classes, Quidditch, the three-headed dog Fluffy, the troll, the teachers,... and about facing Voldemort, the wizard who killed our parents.

All trose stories sound unbelievable, some in a good and some in a bad way. But from the moment the Dursleys were close enough to hear us, we were quiet. The hated everything that wasn't normal. I don't understand how you can hate it, I absolutly love it. I can't wait till I get my letter and Harry says it will be very soon.

But today we will have to pretend we don't exist, because aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon give a diner party. I know for centain that will be a difficult task, Harry's owl, Hedwig, isn't allowed to fly.

"I' warning you. If you don't control that bloody bird, it will have to go" uncle Vernon says, again.

"But she is bored. If I could only let her out, for an our or two-" Harry begins.

"Ha, so you can send secret messages to your friends. No sir." uncle interrupts him.

"But I haven't had any messages from my friends. Not one" my brothers says sad so I give him a hug.

"Who wants to be friends with you" Dudley almost spit the words out.

"I think you should be a little more grateful. We rased you since you were a baby, we gave you are food from our table, we even gave Dudleys second bedroom purely out of the goodness of our harts." our uncle giving us the speech again. "Now our gests are coming, they should be here in any minute.Let's get over our schedule once again, shall we. Petunia, when the Masons arrive you will be..."

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." she complements.

"Good, and Dudley you will be..." uncle continues.

"I'll be waiting to open the door" he says with way to mush show.

"And you..." now there are 3 pair of eyes looking viciously at me and my brother.

"We are in our bedroom, making no noice and pretneding we don't exist." We complement in unison.

"Good, now to your room"

Harry opens the door to our room and I couldn't believe my eyes what I saw next. There was a little creature with large ears jumping on my bed. The moment we enter the room it looks at us with his big vitreous eyes.

"Harry and Darcy Potter, sush an honor to meet you." he says.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Dobby the house-elf." he aswers.

"I don't want to be rude or anything, but it's not the best time to have a house-elf in our bedroom." Harry says a bid irritated.

"Oh, yes sir. Dobby understands, it's just that Dobby had come to tell you that - it is difficult, sir. Where to begin."

"Why don't you sit down" I recommend him.

"S-sit.. sit down?" Dobby starts crying.

"Dobby, shh. I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you" I try to keep him quiet.

"Offend me? I've been never asked to sit down by a witch or a wizard like an equal." he explaines still with tears in his big eyes.

"Then you can't have met many decent wizards then?" Harry jokes.

"Not really" he says with a smile. But that smile immediately fades away again. "That was an awful thing to say" he walks to our closet and start banging his head against it, making a lot of noice. "Bad Dobby." he keeps repeating